MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By chino Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:11 pm
Some info was previously posted from ask.audio about the release of the MPC 2.0 software. Below is a statement DIRECTLY from an Akai employee off of the akaipro.com website...

EMPLOYEE
Corey S (Employee) 3 hours ago
I know this been a popular question so here it goes:

- MPC 2.0 will be immediately available to all MPC Touch, MPC X and MPC Live users upon release.

- A release date is still TBD. You will not see a release date announced here on the forums, however you will be notified once the software has been released.

- Customer's who purchased an MPC Studio Black, MPC Studio or MPC Renaissance within 4-months from the release date (TBD) will receive a coupon code to upgrade to MPC 2.0 for free.

- All other users can pay to upgrade to MPC 2.0 upon it's release. The price is TBD.

I hope this helps clarify. I'm sure specifics about downloading, activating or redeeming codes will become clear once we move closer to a release date. If you have questions, please leave them in the comments section.
By Ill-Green Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:50 pm
For one, I thought 2.0 would be free for the users that bought a Ren the first 4 months it released which was in 2012, not 4 months prior to release 2.0
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:37 pm
jpeg wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:For one, I thought 2.0 would be free for the users that bought a Ren the first 4 months it released which was in 2012, not 4 months prior to release 2.0

that dont make no kinda sense

Some people think they should be rewarded for being early adopters back in 2012. That was never going to happen. TBH I'm surprised that any Ren owner is getting 2.0 for free, as it's been long discontinued.
By Icepulse Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:06 pm
Jose da Silva wrote:
MPC-Tutor wrote:So 8 stereo audio tracks in standalone - how many people here think this is too limiting and therefore immediately rules out one of these MPCs? I wonder how many electronic musicians would generally need more than 8 separate audio tracks and cannot workaround it via bouncing, or by moving over into controller mode where they'll have 128.

For now we never used the MPC for a DAW. At our studio we use Logic with a Mac Pro. For a project it's normal to use about 100 to 200 tracks. And we use a lot more then 4 slots for VST. So 8 tracks is really not enough. And no vst in standalone is really a downer.

It's not for you.
By TheUnfuckwithable Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:30 pm
chino wrote:Customer's who purchased an MPC Studio Black, MPC Studio or MPC Renaissance within 4-months from the release date (TBD) will receive a coupon code to upgrade to MPC 2.0 for free.

:Sigh:

Haha these mofos have discontinued the Ren and Studio a long time ago which means Ren an Studio owners won´t be able to get 2.0 for free.
By Ill-Green Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:46 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Some people think they should be rewarded for being early adopters back in 2012. That was never going to happen. TBH I'm surprised that any Ren owner is getting 2.0 for free, as it's been long discontinued.

To me, they should be rewarded 2.0 free, since they were the ones that pushed Akai to bring the MPC where its at now from 1.0.
By jpeg Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:16 pm
Ill-Green wrote:
MPC-Tutor wrote:Some people think they should be rewarded for being early adopters back in 2012. That was never going to happen. TBH I'm surprised that any Ren owner is getting 2.0 for free, as it's been long discontinued.

To me, they should be rewarded 2.0 free, since they were the ones that pushed Akai to bring the MPC where its at now from 1.0.

really just buying early does not make u responsible for developing the software; seems like you have a false sense of entitlement, I dont get the level of resentment people for just $99
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:32 pm
Ill-Green wrote:To me, they should be rewarded 2.0 free, since they were the ones that pushed Akai to bring the MPC where its at now from 1.0.

While I sympathise with early adopters to a point, the fact is it was hardly a secret that the software initially sucked - it was plastered over all forums and social media. A trial was also available. Early adopters know they are taking a risk and paying higher prices in return for getting their hands on the latest shiny gear. They know they are potentially going to become unpaid beta testers.

It wasn't as if Akai had a great track record in these things, especially after the MPC5000. And it's not as if they haven't been very proactive in fixing the software over the past few years and listening to feature requests and bug reports.

At what point will Ren owners accept that in order to continue getting free updates, they'll have to look at upgrading to the next gen of hardware?
By Ill-Green Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:59 pm
jpeg wrote:
really just buying early does not make u responsible for developing the software; seems like you have a false sense of entitlement, I dont get the level of resentment people for just $99

Entitlement? You are a narcisst to begin with and troll threads to appear genuinely electronic savy when all your info comes from another forum from someone who knows better but since you stupid, you still don't get the facts right. You fake daughter.
By jpeg Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:13 pm
Ill-Green wrote:
jpeg wrote:

Entitlement? You are a narcisst to begin with and troll threads to appear genuinely electronic savy when all your info comes from another forum from someone who knows better but since you stupid, you still don't get the facts right. You fake daughter.

this is where ur idiocy shows; what fact did I get wrong

I have openly said that I am not technically in-depth with the music production tools; I have also said that I only use a small fraction of the features of all the units that I use, cos my approach is cave man an the shit I do is basic.

you sound silly, grow up, no need to get defensive and abusive when someone confronts you on ur opinion/ideology.

Do u know what narcissism means if so what evidence do you have of your claim against me?
By pk1 Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:21 pm
of course we would have to pay for the new software. {Got the Ren day after release} The four month period is pretty good. but should at least extend to the release date of touch customers. they all bought thinking when 2.0 came its a given... and since dan said 2.0 last year, before the touch dropped. i figured touch customers would get it hands down. But, on the developers side... they have been busting their asses to make a NEW piece of software. That is hands down gonna beast all other sampler style sequencing. The company is looking at making more funds on the software side, to compensate the four years of updates. Everybody works to make money. not cause they just want to get away from families. it was a let down that the software didn't hold a candle its predecessor the Maschine when initially released, but they built it up to a great piece of gear. And now, i will still be able to use my Ren with a whole new software. Or i can stay where im at 9.6. which does the job just fine. Im personally stoked on the new X and 2.0. I won't be jumping on the x like id like too. will of course cop 2.0 on release date. I'm a little poorer now then i was four years ago. still excited, and grateful.
By jpeg Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:32 pm
pk1 wrote:of course we would have to pay for the new software. {Got the Ren day after release} The four month period is pretty good. but should at least extend to the release date of touch customers.

how do you asses that type of logic of a person wanting and upgrade for free because he was an early ren adopter back in 2012?
By pk1 Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:54 pm
its spelled "Assess",
I don't find Logic with the guy inline with his hand out. while others inline have the understanding of simple economics. And work hard for what they have. So intern have no hardship with paying for his services, and wares. Come on .jpeg I hope there is a misunderstanding with the text conversation. And you really don't expect something for free.