MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By pk1 Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:42 pm
Some of us,... that really own the Ren, studio, touch. Are excited to cop the new Software. With all the hype and complaining. It can become easy to get wrapped up in the commentary social, drama. So i thought it was time to remind some of you that are aware of this and those new guys that are not.

Its common we get these software updates. And updating your Kontakt or Sampletank generally won't mess with your existing projects. BUT,,,,

Updateing your OS, Daw Will! Not always but often these updates can cause problems with our unfinished projects we made before the update. then instead of playing, and learning new software. Your spending first couple days frustratedly trying to fix your existing tracks prior to your update. This is more then a update. Its a whole new software.

So its advisable to get the old stuff finished and rendered. or go threw and make notes within the track to remind you of settings and key. Or whatever it is you've been doing. Ive made this mistake updating my OS.

Make sure YOUR ready for the update!
Learn from the ones that have traveled so your adventures go unscathed.

:popcorn: And hears to wishing the update being only fifty bucks!!! :popcorn:
By optik415 Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:29 pm
I have a custom Win7 OS from ADK and im hearing 2.0 wont run on Win7. I might be screwed
By pk1 Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:06 pm
good question. would really smooth over track issues with an update.. should have had saint joe on this one.
By Fanu Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:10 pm
Ocular wrote:I wonder if this will be a separate install, like Maschine 2 was compared to Maschine 1.8.

Even if it's not, just copy the app and rename it to keep the old version.
That's what you can do with Ableton Live if you have to.
By godlike Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:13 am
This is true, even something as simple as an effect setting can get thrown off with the software update. It happened to me! I used the internal wahwah effect in an early version of the software (built the whole track around the sound) and an update changed the effect! My track was never the same.
By pk1 Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:28 am
godlike wrote:This is true, even something as simple as an effect setting can get thrown off with the software update. It happened to me! I used the internal wahwah effect in an early version of the software (built the whole track around the sound) and an update changed the effect! My track was never the same.

exactly my point.
By Fanu Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:11 am
godlike wrote:This is true, even something as simple as an effect setting can get thrown off with the software update. It happened to me! I used the internal wahwah effect in an early version of the software (built the whole track around the sound) and an update changed the effect! My track was never the same.

This is why you just gotta keep the old version for a while. Duplicate the app, rename.
By jpeg Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:37 pm
I tend to finish up all my lingering project the beats I've been sitting on for weeks/months; I just finish/finalize those before upgrading.

so if old project dont work at least ive got a cut of the old beats; then I'll just move on to some new ish.