MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By SyntaxOne Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:38 pm
Hi!

I bought a new laptop and I am in the process of reinstalling everything.

All is fine, except for my Waves plug-ins: MPC Software doesn't see the VST versions of my plug-ins when I scan; it only sees the AU versions.

I opened MPC Software both in 32-bit and 64-bit with no luck.

Does anybody know what I am doing wrong?

In my old setup, I used the VST versions without any problem. Now, none of my beats work because the VST versions can't be found.

Thanks!
By zangetsu01 Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:35 am
I've heard that you should install MPC software version 1.6 and let it scan your plug-in folder. After it detects your wave plugins run an update to the latest MPC software and your all good.
By SyntaxOne Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:09 pm
Hi!

Thanks for your reply.

I am on Mac OS Sierra.

I downloaded the new Sierra driver and MPC Software 1.9.6.1. MPC Software works and MPC Renaissance works.

But no VSTs.

I thought that maybe it was because I didn't install Firmware v1.10.

I downloaded it and tried installing it 10 times without any success: the first time it got stuck at "Could not send chunk #2 of 2. Retrying...". Now, the Firmware Updater doesn't see my MPC Renaissance anymore. Do you think I did damage to my computer/MPC Software?

Anyway, I read here that in fact, I should rescan with MPC Software 1.6: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=179805&p=1698200&hilit=waves+plug+ins#p1698223

But I'm not sure how to revert to 1.6 as I already downloaded and installed 1.9 and the Sierra driver.

Thanks again!
Last edited by SyntaxOne on Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By boswell Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:38 pm
Quick one for people not bbqing, there's some good waves sales going on today, do I have to do the whole load 1.6-scan-upgrade path again if I buy a few things? they're only on sale today, and they're 29$ and I dig the waves 'color' for lack of a better word. But if I have to spend all afternoon tomorrow doing shit hungover, I can't do it. I put in a 'ticket' with waves, they said they're working on it, but it wasn't high on their priority list. Seems everyone's shitting on the mpc software, I happen to like it, it's fast, intuitive, but I'm not famous or rich or creating plugins.