MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By besa Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:04 am
Waited long enough......if 2.0 is going to be released without a working PDC I'll quit using Nukai machines and will return to my 3K & 60.Together with Cubase setting up MPC as an external instrument it's much more convenient than everything Nukai has offered us so far. :vomit: :evil:
By Fanu Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:12 am
besa wrote:Waited long enough......if 2.0 is going to be released without a working PDC I'll quit using Nukai machines and will return to my 3K & 60.Together with Cubase setting up MPC as an external instrument it's much more convenient than everything Nukai has offered us so far. :vomit: :evil:

Sounds dramatic, I know, but today I made a decision not to get Live/X unless PDC gets fixed.
I just can't deal with it anymore.
Akai writing a new software from the ground-up and leaving PDC till later is a very, very bad look in terms of working on the software…handling PDC in that order is really backwards. It should be one of the priorities.
PDC is way more important than a new GUI, for example.

At times, I've shaken my head and thought, "Don't they have enough professional people in the team to advise them?" and also offered my help for beta testing etc, but yeah, it is what it is.

Won't be touching it until PDC is done. Got better tools for now.
By willisill Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:23 pm
My Push 2 just arrived, so I'm off this wild ride until these things are out in the wild and people freak out enough to make Akai move on it. I've had the Push for all of an hour and I'm already glad I sold my Touch... night and day. No more midi control nightmare, no having to route my channels out of MPC so I can actually mix something while i'm working on it, no editing notes on a laggy touch screen. Push 2 ain't perfect either, but Akai is about 4 years behind.

My message to Akai if they're reading this: if you want to step into the big leagues as far as DAWs go, don't render third party plugins useless with no PDC and no way to sidechain without some ridiculous workaround. If it takes you a year and a half to add a new GUI and add audio tracks, get better programmers or pay them more money.

Good luck to the early adopters.
By Danoc Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:39 pm
Akai we have a problem!!!
Dam so men can go to the moon but they can't fix PDC? Someone at Akai fire those fools and call NASA! :smoker:

Wormhelmet wrote:PDC has been implemented in many DAW's for a long time now. Mybe that's what sparked the idea for a standalone.

Akai - "Look, can you developers put this PDC in or not? We are trying to make 2.0 a full DAW"

Developers - "Doesn't look to be possible. Why not just build a standalone that doesn't support 3rd party plugins. Then we can stop scratching our heads on how to implement PDC"

Akai - "Great idea!"
By zangetsu01 Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:27 am
I understand, your not the only one so here is my point of view:

If I am to use this software as my main DAW I expect it to handle my mastering plugins Izotope 7 Advance without bullshit.
I love the MPC 'x' and I really want it to be part of my studio (I even sold my MPC Touch + 2500 to fund the 'X').

If the '2.0' software is going to frustrate the f*ck out of me I'll be done with their furter attemps at updating the software and just use it
with an other DAW. I'll just get an interface that features 8 inputs and connect it to my computer so I can route all the outputs of the 'X' my DAW.

One thing I've noticed with Pete is that he selectively answers questions on twitter. I specificaly asked him about the release of the 'X' and he went radio silence on me.
So I won't even bother to ask more questions but I think it's a great idea to make noise about PDC.

But not only PDC, also the ability to use side chaining..!! no side chaning in 2017 is a no brainer. :Sigh:

Yeah we know it's got realtime stretching, pitchshifting and cliplaunching and yes I believe that
these features will enhance the workflow. But even without these features we would have workarounds.

But what about functionality..??

To me functionality means:

The addition of audio tracks, PDC and sidechaining. And also a better way to do automation, I want to be able
to draw diagonal lines in automation. I want to be able to use automation on the master buss. I want to be able to copy automation to other bars, I don't want to do it in track view as it will also copy the notes over.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't see copy and paste in the grid editor??

What else??
By Fanu Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:23 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:One thing I've noticed with Pete is that he selectively answers questions on twitter. I specificaly asked him about the release of the 'X' and he went radio silence on me.
So I won't even bother to ask more questions but I think it's a great idea to make noise about PDC.

Yep. Retweeting praise, avoiding questions on things not working/implemented.
Bad look. Also, not a great look that the (un)"official" channel for all that is Pete and not Akai.
I've included Akai in my question tweets…not one reply. Asked Geoff about PDC, too…no reply.

Still no reply as to "is it doable?" (PDC I mean).
Currently – this is pure speculation though – I'd say the PDC situation is looking really grim.
Probably for 3.0…have fun waiting for that.
(I'll eat my shorts if it comes out tomorrow, but I doubt it extremely highly)

This really is a huge, huge let-down from Akai.
New software completely rebuilt from the ground up…ignoring basic audio features.
Not cool.

But then again…I'm sure the pressure is on Akai and there's people waving money at them and they just want to rush it out like they did with 1.0, possibly repeating their mistakes.
By greavous420 Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:53 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:I understand, your not the only one so here is my point of view:

If I am to use this software as my main DAW I expect it to handle my mastering plugins Izotope 7 Advance without ****.
I love the MPC 'x' and I really want it to be part of my studio (I even sold my MPC Touch + 2500 to fund the 'X').

If the '2.0' software is going to frustrate the f*ck out of me I'll be done with their furter attemps at updating the software and just use it
with an other DAW. I'll just get an interface that features 8 inputs and connect it to my computer so I can route all the outputs of the 'X' my DAW.

One thing I've noticed with Pete is that he selectively answers questions on twitter. I specificaly asked him about the release of the 'X' and he went radio silence on me.

But not only PDC, also the ability to use side chaining..!! no side chaning in 2017 is a no brainer. :Sigh:

Yeah we know it's got realtime stretching, pitchshifting and cliplaunching and yes I believe that
these features will enhance the workflow. But even without these features we would have workarounds.

But what about functionality..??

To me functionality means:

The addition of audio tracks, PDC and sidechaining. And also a better way to do automation, I want to be able
to draw diagonal lines in automation. I want to be able to use automation on the master buss. I want to be able to copy automation to other bars, I don't want to do it in track view as it will also copy the notes over.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't see copy and paste in the grid editor??

What else??

Its never been considered or pushed as a full Daw though.
By Fanu Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:02 pm
Whether it's a DAW or not is irrelevant to the topic of PDC.

As for sidechaining…it's nowhere nearly as important as PDC.
It is an often-used mixing technique for sure, but there are fairly easy workarounds for it (sidechaining plugins), whereas there's none for PDC (unless you want to copy and paste every plugin causing delay on every track/pad).
By willisill Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:44 pm
greavous420 wrote:

Nah, they just have "HEAVYWEIGHT PRODUCTION HUB" on their homepage lol. Careful to avoid the DAW label, just in case people actually want the features of every other "production hub".
By greavous420 Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:15 am
willisill wrote:
greavous420 wrote:

Nah, they just have "HEAVYWEIGHT PRODUCTION HUB" on their homepage lol. Careful to avoid the DAW label, just in case people actually want the features of every other "production hub".

I prefer to work within the known limitations of the software. At the point that I'm using the mpc software no intensive plugins are being used. Each to their own I guess.

The main competition for the mpc/software also doesn't have PDC. Coincidence?