MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By chino Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:22 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:TBH I don't think I want Akai to have built 2.0 from the ground up, can you imagine how many bugs there will be if everything was started from scratch? We don't want another 1.0, which took them until 1.9 to just about get to something reasonably stable. If they use the existing core then at least they have the 5 year foundation to work on top of, so any new bugs should hopefully only be coming from the new features.

Akai is in SAD shape when even the owner of this MPC forum identifies the software to be 'reasonably stable' at version 1.9. WOW. I sometimes question why I sold my Renassiance but the statements above reassures me that I made the right decision.

I'm beginning to question if I should give Akai a second chance by buying the MPC Live. Their software stability track record is HORRIBLE!!
By Fanu Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:52 pm
**** wrote:They don´t deserve a second chance IMHO...they took their customers for a ride more than once...

I say they're having their last chance as we speak…this'll be their very last chance.
No room for bugs, non-working software, or any sort of messing up anymore.
By peelnpuff Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:01 am
Pdc and mpc midi-sample sequencing(with tight zero latency pad response, like we know it)....
From my understanding you cant get both functions mixed up.
When the pdc kicks in --> with the first plugin you insert --> all pads, programs will have a delayed response.

Correct me if i m wrong, inserting vst plugins with or without compensation kills the mpc drum computer like workflow, so when they implement it users will recognise the delay when hitting the pads and then start new topics complaining about that.

So one solution might be an on / off button for pdc that you can switch on when the midi production is done ? Not so elegant ....
Any ideas how akai (or other manufactures like ni) could implement it right without the above explained effect `?
By Spoff77 Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:00 am
I believe that in some cases it may just operate on playback, and when you are recording and it is playing back some tracks that are delayed it will then move the track you are recording (because it will also be delayed as you are hearing the things late that you play along with) to the proper time. Not sure what would happen to the actual sound of the track you are recording if you were recording through effects. It might sound late when you hit the pad but then put the hit in the place where you really hit it.

In any case I have used PDC in recording on Digital Performer and it works flawlessly. You don't need to worry about such things as turning it off and on.

Spoff
By richie Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:26 am
peelnpuff wrote:So one solution might be an on / off button for pdc that you can switch on when the midi production is done ? Not so elegant ....
Any ideas how akai (or other manufactures like ni) could implement it right without the above explained effect `?

I think it's a lot easier to just render to track which usually ends up on the grid, or at the very least will let you shift to the grid you want.
By Fanu Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:09 am
The way I'd see it is the software has to calculate the total sum of the delay caused and simply delay everything by that amount.

E.g., you hit play on the sequencer…the amount it's delayed by is the total delay caused by the plugins.
Playback will start a bit late, but as you play pads etc., it all happens on time.

The same for just doing a beat from a kick and a snare, and if you put processing on the kick and it gets delayed…
The snare should also be delayed by the same amount, so they're on time.
By Fanu Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:30 pm
Elmar Jestro wrote:Simple solution... AKAI just needs Andy to learn and continuously repeat this sentence:

The plugin delay you are hearing is the "iconic MPC swing".

Marketing is everything :twisted:
(Seriously though: very good thread!)

Haha!

1.9/2.0 production tip – how to get nicely swinging ghost kicks.
Copy your main kick to another pad; this'll be your ghost kick pad.
Assign some 3rd party plugin to the pad.
You can play it in all rigidly quantised, as lack of PDC will make it swing.
The amount of delay caused by the plugin determines the amount of swing, so pick your plugin accordingly.

:lol: