MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By bobbybland Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:58 am
In a recent video with st.joe Andy Mac mentioned there's been significant changes to the browser in 2.0. Sorry, I'm not interested in the new hardware, I was just a big fan of the ren and touch and we bought a few of them for our rooms. I'm just interested in the software changes in 2.0.

Can anyone find any screenshots of the 2.0 browser and what all it's capable of now in 2.0? There's not enough info regarding this browser, please Akai lets get some photo's of what's really possible now in 2.0 with the browser. Thanks
By zangetsu01 Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:33 am
It's been awfully quiet around 2.0 software sinds the beginning of 2016. Not even the promised UK touring that Andy/Andrew Mac mentioned. best to wait it out.
By pk1 Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:53 pm
Sooo did they only ship beta guys the standalone without giving 2.0 software for computers?
another words they only got the live as is? And hence why we r only seeing stand alone tests?
By richie Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:46 pm
I have some exclusive information. So I was testing version 2.0.

What is interesting is that if you goto help -> about -> it actually says version 2.0
By summer2k Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:57 pm
richie wrote:I have some exclusive information. So I was testing version 2.0.

What is interesting is that if you goto help -> about -> it actually says version 2.0

Thanks for sharing that exclusive piece of information :lol:

But seriously though, is that all you're allowed to share with the general public? Cause that's not saying much.
By richie Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:35 pm
@summer2k there is a feature where you can record sounds from a record directly into 2.0 and then use this editing feature to assign pads to pad banks.
By summer2k Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:38 pm
richie wrote:@summer2k there is a feature where you can record sounds from a record directly into 2.0 and then use this editing feature to assign pads to pad banks.

Damn that's hot. I didn't expect that. I can't wait for that bad boy to drop. :worthy:
By richie Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:58 am
There is also the option to enable and disable the metro gnome from showing up on the screen:

By pk1 Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:26 pm
Better Mouse Trap wrote:If they got rid of song mode with 2.0 I'm done with Akai

what a nightmare it would be to bounce stems without song mode...