MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By DiscoE Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:32 am
does anyone know how to convert mpc1000 .PGM files to .XPM files?
Basically I want to be able to open my programs I have saved from my mpc1000 in MPC essentials and open it with ableton Live.
Thanks!
By MPC-Tutor Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:04 am
PGM files will load into the full version of the MPC Software, including the trial, not sure if you'll be able to then save them as XPM in trial mode, I suspect saving is disabled.

Otherwise there is no way to my knowledge, other than recreating the original kits manually in MPC Essentials.
By DiscoE Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:08 pm
Thank you! Hopefully there is a way to do it.
also do you know how to arrange the pads so they are chromatic as any other MPC is. Instead its in a un organized pattern
Thanks again
By kaydigi Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:59 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:PGM files will load into the full version of the MPC Software, including the trial, not sure if you'll be able to then save them as XPM in trial mode, I suspect saving is disabled.

Otherwise there is no way to my knowledge, other than recreating the original kits manually in MPC Essentials.

Saving and loading was allowed in the demo unless it was changed for the 1.9 versions.