MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Mono-Amine Tue May 02, 2017 2:59 pm
Facebook just told me that the beta is officially out. Can one of you tell me if its possible to run several clip programs on different tracks or is it limited to 1 clip program for the entire software?
By Icepulse Tue May 02, 2017 3:56 pm
willisill wrote:Upon using 2.0 for 10 minutes, all I can say is... this took a year and a half??

That underwhelming, huh? I think the tie-in to the standalone hardware probably contributed to the long development time.

So the audio tracks thing is poor?
By willisill Tue May 02, 2017 4:06 pm
Icepulse wrote:
willisill wrote:Upon using 2.0 for 10 minutes, all I can say is... this took a year and a half??

That underwhelming, huh? I think the tie-in to the standalone hardware probably contributed to the long development time.

So the audio tracks thing is poor?

I wouldn't say anything is "poor". And i haven't even dove into audio tracks yet. I was just saying this is a re-skinned 1.9 with a couple extra buttons and features. The browser they were hyping up is nothing special as far as i can tell, just let's you search and tag. I couldn't even figure out how to access my files for a few minutes lol. I just think they could've easily put this out May of last year and not f'd over Touch buyers...
By Icepulse Tue May 02, 2017 4:11 pm
willisill wrote:
I wouldn't say anything is "poor". And i haven't even dove into audio tracks yet. I was just saying this is a re-skinned 1.9 with a couple extra buttons and features. The browser they were hyping up is nothing special as far as i can tell, just let's you search and tag. I couldn't even figure out how to access my files for a few minutes lol. I just think they could've easily put this out May of last year and not f'd over Touch buyers...
[/quote]

..except for that you haven't gotten into the new features that make it different from 1.9, bro!! :Sigh:
By willisill Tue May 02, 2017 4:24 pm
Icepulse wrote:..except for that you haven't gotten into the new features that make it different from 1.9, bro!! :Sigh:

Except the part where it's been out for an hour, bro. I was commenting on the general idea that this took a year and half and could've been released for Touch users a long time ago based on what was added. I'm using audio as we speak and trying to just warp a break. Not making a lot of sense to me coming from Ableton, but I'm only using the software at the moment. Might be easier on the hardware.
By Icepulse Tue May 02, 2017 4:27 pm
willisill wrote:
Icepulse wrote:..except for that you haven't gotten into the new features that make it different from 1.9, bro!! :Sigh:

Except the part where it's been out for an hour, bro. I was commenting on the general idea that this took a year and half and could've been released for Touch users a long time ago based on what was added. I'm using audio as we speak and trying to just warp a break. Not making a lot of sense to me coming from Ableton, but I'm only using the software at the moment. Might be easier on the hardware.

All I was saying is how can you gauge how long it should have taken, before you'd (up to that point) actually explored any of the new functionality? It's a pretty fair assessment.
By Ill-Green Tue May 02, 2017 4:28 pm
Once again, iLock there to hold you up. I used up all my emails with them and I don't remember any of the passwords.

But I'm not interested in 2.0, I got the DP03 as my DAW (and yes, hardware digital multitrackers are DAWs too).
By willisill Tue May 02, 2017 4:35 pm
Icepulse wrote:
All I was saying is how can you gauge how long it should have taken, before you'd (up to that point) actually explored any of the new functionality? It's a pretty fair assessment.

If these audio tracks and primitive time stretching algos took that long to implement, Akai is in serious need of a new software team. Besides those features, it's a re-skinned 1.9, which is why I initially said to myself, "a year and a half, huh?" They really hyped up this browser, and I'm not seeing anything new other than a search bar. I'll let other people chime in though because, in all honesty, I've been annoyed with Akai for too long to give an unbiased opinion.
By Icepulse Tue May 02, 2017 5:05 pm
Goodliffe is now tweeting that they're trying actively to get them into people's hands as fast as possible. Ergo, no coordinated "master" release date. The GC release is above-board.