MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Glm Sun May 14, 2017 8:44 pm
I saw Some people mention new or undocumented features.

Maybe some are known to you but I really like that you can stretch audio tracks(instead of moving the endpoint ) when dragging the endpoint and holding command on Mac.
You can easily align beats with the grid like that, with and without warping on.

Also when pressing shift and pressing a pad in clip mode, you can edit clip parameters without playing the clip.

Anyone else has some undocumented or new features?
By bobbybland Mon May 15, 2017 2:30 am
Bug in Presonus Studio One MPC as plugin, cannot choose directory on hard drive. Forces me to select a folder location on C drive without a way to back out and save the project where I want to on my other hard drives.

This needs to be fixed, as well as drag n drop files in presonus studio from browser!!!
By chino Mon May 15, 2017 3:07 pm
@Bobbybland… I'm also a Studio One user. How have you found the overall experience of using the MPC Live as a plugin in Studio One? Is it an improvement over MPC software 1.9.6? I have read that the plug in window can now be resized.

Is there a work around to the project save location folder as of yet?
By chino Mon May 15, 2017 7:13 pm
Fanu wrote:Took me a while to check this out, but I can second this.
The sample in a drum program whose warp you activate in software does NOT warp in standalone mode after saving.
This has to be a major bug, as standalone capabilities as well as warping (aka realtime timestretching) have been much-marketed features.

Will file an official bug report about this now.

Thank you for confirming this and logging in the bug report! Real Time Time Stretch (warping)on Drum programs (in standalone mode) is one of the main advertised features I was looking forward to using. Looks like I will be waiting for a fix for this(& other things). I will wait for the release of MPC 2.x firmware/software before I purchase the Live. :shock: :cry:
By Fanu Mon May 15, 2017 9:09 pm
chino wrote:

Thank you for confirming this and logging in the bug report! Real Time Time Stretch (warping)on Drum programs (in standalone mode) is one of the main advertised features I was looking forward to using. Looks like I will be waiting for a fix for this(& other things). I will wait for the release of MPC 2.x firmware/software before I purchase the Live. :shock: :cry:

There's been talk about the devices getting a firmware update soon.
By bobbybland Mon May 15, 2017 10:34 pm
chino wrote:@Bobbybland… I'm also a Studio One user. How have you found the overall experience of using the MPC Live as a plugin in Studio One? Is it an improvement over MPC software 1.9.6? I have read that the plug in window can now be resized.

Is there a work around to the project save location folder as of yet?

To answer your question, NO, it's not an improvement at all. It's just a new flashy GUI. Performance is the same. It still doesn't accept drag n drop with studio one, and it doesn't allow for programs to send midi out, for layering which I've never understood, why not. I was a 4K user for years,plus jjos guy,so it's a terrible option imo, to not allow midi out. They tried to cover their butts with a a wack midi out option,but it's just awkward imo.

I've never used the Mpc software in standalone,for anything serious. I also am a songwriter, I could never imagine recording vocals thru the Mpc, no knock on it, but it's far,far away from a real daw. My point is the only way I use the mpc is in studio one where I can easily start creating the entire song,and mixing str8 away. I personally just want drag n drop,and the option to not overwrite programs,mix templates when adding new programs,so I can set it up freely with my outboard. Native Instruments just announced it'll be in their 2.6.5
Last night I had issues saving the song to whatever location I wanted to,so I saved it to the location Akai Mpc forced me to, then moved it to my projects hd.

Personally I feel all gui makers should make every gui,user customizable, Yes Akai did fix that, but they don't get any points for that from me, after 5 years making this software.
By zangetsu01 Tue May 16, 2017 10:26 am
BostonGreen wrote:
kaydigi wrote:In old versions, didn't pressing stop twice bring the playhead back to one?

No, I think pressing stop twice just kills all audio instantly, rather than letting sounds play out.

This is true..
By chino Tue May 16, 2017 2:12 pm
bobbybland wrote:To answer your question, NO, it's not an improvement at all. It's just a new flashy GUI. Performance is the same. It still doesn't accept drag n drop with studio one, and it doesn't allow for programs to send midi out, for layering which I've never understood, why not. I was a 4K user for years,plus jjos guy,so it's a terrible option imo, to not allow midi out. They tried to cover their butts with a a wack midi out option,but it's just awkward imo.

Last night I had issues saving the song to whatever location I wanted to, so I saved it to the location Akai Mpc forced me to, then moved it to my projects hd.

Personally I feel all gui makers should make every gui,user customizable, Yes Akai did fix that, but they don't get any points for that from me, after 5 years making this software.

Thanks for the reply & all the good info! I appreciate that Akai has made an effort to include more user requested features, BUT there still seems to be many missing ('bread & butter') features even after YEARS of software development. :hmmm:

The GUI improvements & new features are NOT equal to the length of time it took Akai to implement them. :Sigh:
By bobbybland Tue May 16, 2017 9:51 pm
Exactly! No salt on audio tracks, but I question, where and how some users weren't using these techniques before in daws, as I can't live without them. The fact the mpc can finally do it, after 20 years daws have been doing it, isn't much of an accomplishment to me either. And since then most of us have found much better options.