MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By handed Mon May 15, 2017 10:07 pm
Thinking of picking up an MPC Live. I have a bunch of external FX boxes which I'd like to resample material through.

When recording, do audio tracks automatically "cut off" at the exact end of a sequence?

Asking because the DA - AD conversion must technically add a small amount of latency (and thus silence) to the start of a resampled recording, right? If I'm using digital outboard effects, that will add a tiny but more. So if there's a bit of silence at the beginning, there must be a bit of actual audio automatically cut off at the exact endpoint of the sequence, leading to an imperfect, slightly short loop (assuming the start is trimmed) ... right? Can anyone test this?

If there's an easy fix, or if record time can go a bit longer than the sequence, that will make the Live way more attractive as I'd really like to resample through these lovely boxes without hiccups... (two H9s and a Heat)
By zangetsu01 Tue May 16, 2017 10:32 am
handed wrote:Thinking of picking up an MPC Live. I have a bunch of external FX boxes which I'd like to resample material through.

When recording, do audio tracks automatically "cut off" at the exact end of a sequence?

Asking because the DA - AD conversion must technically add a small amount of latency (and thus silence) to the start of a resampled recording, right? If I'm using digital outboard effects, that will add a tiny but more. So if there's a bit of silence at the beginning, there must be a bit of actual audio automatically cut off at the exact endpoint of the sequence, leading to an imperfect, slightly short loop (assuming the start is trimmed) ... right? Can anyone test this?

If there's an easy fix, or if record time can go a bit longer than the sequence, that will make the Live way more attractive as I'd really like to resample through these lovely boxes without hiccups... (two H9s and a Heat)

Just record in sampler mode. Sampler mode isn't bound to the sequence length.. You can even stop playback and the sampler will still record until you stop it yourself or the your assigned recording length has been met.