MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By quietizkept Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:00 am
Thanks for the reply. Actually the MPC software converting all to wav is cool because I've got a giant hard drive for projects. Specifically, I'm converting video rips to sound files for chopping, which is easy with DMC converter. I just was hoping for the smallest size at the best quality. My sample fodder hard drive is filling up fast, and videos are massive. I try to avoid YouTube rips but there are no digging spots in rural Kentucky. I do it sometimes. Also I have a ton of 70s flicks with must-chop ish. I was hoping for AAC because I read it sounded better than mp3 at a small size.
By quietizkept Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:08 am
And yeah if I could convert a whole folder of videos to some efficient high quality format to peruse later that'd be great. Even if I had to convert them to wav files first then to something small yet good I could delete my YouTube rips and save mad space.
By quietizkept Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:50 pm
Just in case anybody else can use the info: Db Poweramp can convert videos to 640kb (I think KB? Not sure) freeform mp3s which the MPC can use no problem. Sounds way better than 320 but not nearly as huge as a wav.