MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Fanu Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:46 pm
Seems when you try record twisting a knob controlling LFO destination values (pitch, filter, amp, pan), the only recorded value is what the value is when you let go of the knob.
I mean, if I enable automation record and twist the knob from 0 to 10, nothing gets recorded until I let go of the knob, which is when value 10 gets recorded.

Am I missing something here? I can record other automation values just fine.
By Fanu Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:00 pm
I'm actually super confused.

Earlier on my, I was able to record LFO>Pitch all fine (I forgot if I did that on standalone before loading the project on software later on). I was doing some tweaks with software later on, and it worked as described in the earlier post: it'll only record a value when you let go of a knob.

Now, I just started a new project just to try and mess with the LFO Modulation tab automation recording…and none of those values are recorded. Everything else can be automated normally, no probs.
But LFO Modulation values cannot be recorded at all.…while I was able to do it earlier.

Super confused.
Can you guys test this on software? Try writing automation on LFO Modulation tab…try writing Pitch value for example and let me know if you can do that all smooth.

Thanks.
By Fanu Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:10 pm
And when I thought I'll give it one last final shot…it all works perfectly :lol:
This is madness, haha. Experiencing some really irregular behavior here.
I think restarting the software did the trick, so try that if writing automation starts acting up.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:18 pm
Yes have to just restart the computer software sometimes to fix some oddities in controller mode, for example in MAIN sometimes I tap the sequence name, turn the data wheel and it doesn't move to the next sequence. Other parameters in MAIN also get 'stuck' like this. A reboot of the app returns things to normal. Not sure what sets this off but I did report it.