MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By innerchildmusic Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:11 am
I just purchased the MPC Live and I noticed that I can't pull up plug-ins (virtual instruments) except the ones that ship with it, am I missing something? I searched youtube and the Akai website to see if anyone was demonstrating this feature and I was shocked to not find this subject at all. Please tell me that I have not purchased what would be considered the early Ren type deal again (1.0 to !.9). I have my Ren sitting here next to the MPC live and I am having a dejavu moment of hitting the forums to ask for basic modern features! :oops: :x

Okay I know the MPC 2.0 software is in public beta stage but it would seem that this would be one of the first items on the list to be able to pull up Virtual Instruments (if not on the MPC Gui then on the computer for sure).

Someone please let me know if I am overlooking something or if there is a solution other than using another daw?

In the mean time is there a collection of keygroup instrument (libraries) out there?

PS. Prayers for the victims of Hurricane Harvey in Houston, Texas !!!

Apple MacPro Early (2015)
MacOS Sierra
MPC Live - Software 2.0.3
Last edited by innerchildmusic on Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
By rookie Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:52 am
This software has to many bugs, Im not gonna use it again until they update it and make it official.
By innerchildmusic Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:02 pm
My solution was to purchase a better vsti file management system in the VIP 3.0 software, checking it out now. Looks like I can open multiple instances of VIP 3.0 inside the MPC 2.0 software. It also seems like I will have a much organized browser experience more control over VSTi plug ins and presets. Anyone else using VIP 3.0 with the MPC Live?
By innerchildmusic Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:28 pm
Certified Beatz wrote:Mo what file management software?

I purchased an Akai Advanced Keyboard with VIP 3.0 software. This helped somewhat but the integration is not true integration with the MPC software. I hope that the next update addresses the plug ins and presets issues in the MPC 2.0.6 update.