MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By darigan Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:22 pm
Hello

I bought the MPC Ren instead of Machine because I loved sound of my MPC1000 and didn't like the sound of NI Battery. Ever since I've got it I've been wondering was that a mistake, the software is very poor although I still love the sound I'll give it that.

Anyway when you read the MPC Software FAQ it says it supports 3rd Party plugins, but it doesn't really at least not properly. It doesn't save settings and when I use UAD plugins standalone or within logic using the Ren plugin it adds a delay to that track. So if I stick it on the kick the kick will be slightly delayed to the rest of track.

Is there anyway around these problems?
and if not are these issues resolved in 2.0?
I'm on the verge of switching to NI
By TheUnfuckwithable Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:31 pm
darigan wrote:the software is very poor

It is indeed!

when I use UAD plugins standalone or within logic using the Ren plugin it adds a delay to that track. So if I stick it on the kick the kick will be slightly delayed to the rest of track.

That´s because the "MPC" software doesn´t feature PDC.

are these issues resolved in 2.0?

No.

I'm on the verge of switching to NI

Do that. The "MPC" software can´t hold a candle to the Maschine one.
By Coz Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:33 pm
Maschine doesn't have PDC either, so if it's that important you'll have find something that does have it.