MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By justineastwick Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:02 pm
I wanted to make .pgm files for my MPC Live. Was looking at MPC-Tutor's blog for related software applications and it was stated that 2KXL was compatible with newer MPCs...

Did MPC-Tutor mean that 2KXL was compatible with my MPC Live? Has anybody used it with their MPC X or MPC Live to make .pgm files?
By ntalec Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:03 pm
In all honesty you are probably better off just making programs in the MPC software and just remember not to add unnecessary samples.

Do it with that program will give you a program that you load in the MPC software then build and tweak into a modern program.
So you will kinda go in a circle for no real reason compared to just grabbing the samples and dragging them into the software.

That compatibility is more about people who have existing programs that they want to use not for building new then bringing them into the software.