MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:51 am
Akai can't even keep on top of the Live/X 2.0 updates for the MPC Software, it's been nearly 2 months since they released 2.05 for standalone firmware and they've still not mirrored the new features in 'controller mode' (e.g. list editor, DRUM warping etc), which is pretty farcical when you are marketing a product that allegedly offers the same experience whether you are computer tethered or not.

IMO if they are unable to handle updates for the current flagship that really doesn't bode too well for the discontinued one. I really wouldn't hold your breath waiting on a 'blue screen 2.0'.

Even if they do manage to fudge something together, I wonder how many bug fixes and further development this blue screen version will receive on an ongoing basis, if at all? Will it get all the new features that the Live/X receives in the future? Will Akai bother fixing any of the inevitable bugs or the currently 'half-implemented' features? Remember you'll be paying $99 extra for this - how will you feel if Akai 'do an 'MPC5000' on you?

Coming up to 2 years since they announced this was 'coming soon', so it really doesn't seem particularly high priority.
By Living Bate Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:18 pm
i tend to agree...

i really don't think its likely...

by them saying its 'coming soon' it will pacify those who would kick up a fuss and go at them on social media etc.....and then by the time it becomes apparent it definitely isn't going to happen most will have moved on...

By quickstrike209 Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:32 pm
looks like its time for me to study and learn how to us Ableton live. Been hoping akai would do the right thing with the software even if it was for a hefty price. man if fl studio came out with a controller that would be bananas .
By Heavie Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:45 pm
I might be wrong and I hope the God, I am. Inmusic has 15 companies under there name. Some of those companies has establish the highest marks for releasing great gear and excellent customer support in the past. It's a shame all will be lost under inmusic supervision. To the point when you think of for example Rane or Denon. Will be as if you mention bad reputation companies, like Gemini or Behringer for build quality and support.

Reason is inmusic probably is moving there engineers, firmware/software teams among all the 15 brands. Instead of having dedicated teams just for one brand and there products. This cause long updates wait and a lot of disappointed customers. Not to mention, half of the team are also designing new products among the brands to be release.

I invested $7900 into Akai and DenonDJ under inmusic this summer and both Akai and DenonDJ customers are waitng for updates for the software. Firmware was released recently for the hardware from both Akai and Denon, but I feel the real hassle is the software. Both companies has devices that support flash drives and SSD, without any drive compatibility list. That has the customer fending for themselves to find out what drives work or not. The usb 3.0 drivers on the units are shady and cause connection conflicts.

I could be wrong, but I'm noticing a trend. I first notice this when I saw the guy who usually in charge of marketing for Numarks. Explaining new gear for Rane. I think I'm going to stay away from buying into any brands under inmusic. For now on.
By Mike Boogie Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:30 am
InMusic has been shitting the bed for a while.

Everyone, even employees are aware. I'm not going to lie and say that I have been sitting here holding my jock, waiting for 2.0. I need to get to work. 1.9.6 is still out-working my 4000.

The acquisitions could have been EPIC. Beringher's parent company, Music Group, is killing it right now by just making common sense moves. Beringher, Midas, Klark/Technic, TC Electronics all doing the damn thing by keeping it simple.

Just think, Rane is now under InMusic.... (shudders)
By GedaBlaq Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:08 pm
monkiusz wrote:Boom, and it's there! :worthy:

Thank you AKAI for keeping your word.

Thank you Masada, Hellfire and ALL 2.0 software beta testers and early adopters who helped bring this software to us legacy Ren and Studio owners.

I haven't downloaded it yet but as soon as I can spare an extra c-note, I will.

Was so frustrated with software crashes and limitations, that I walked away from the lab & Ren after updating to 1.7 and focused my efforts on my voiceover career.

As with any new software, I'm sure there will be growing pains but I can't wait to get back to my Ren.

(P.S.) AKAI... just so you know, I would not at all be opposed to the free update. :smoker: