MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By MPC-Tutor Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:56 pm
http://www.akaipro.com/pages/mpc-release-notes-v2.0.4

MPC Software Beta 2.0.4 now available - hit 'check for updates' in the mpc software. This one only affects the computer GUI and doesn't seem to bring any changes to the 'controller mode' touchscreen UI.
http://www.akaipro.com/pages/mpc-release-notes-v2.0.4

TBH I was expecting to see all the new 'standalone mode' features appear in controller mode (e.g. list edit, drum warping, grid copy/paste, improved audio editing etc) but nothing doing. So currently MPC X and MPC Live users switching from standalone to controller mode lose all the new features. WTF is all that about? Surely feature-parity is essential?
By optik415 Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:36 pm
I honestly see no use for this update.
By IMAKEMADBEATS Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:06 am
I respect these additions

MPC will no longer stall at startup when an Ableton Link peer is removed.
Tempo adjustment when in an Ableton Link session has been improved.
MIDI/Audio Mode toggle and vertical zoom commands for grids are now present in the View menu.
By IMAKEMADBEATS Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:12 am
I was really hoping this got rid of what's probably the most annoying thing in 2.0:

When I go into a folder in the browser, and come back out, I'm all the way back at the top of the list of that folder, instead of wherever I was before I ended the folder. I hate that. I have a lot of folders of beats and drums. I hate having to scroll allll the way back down after I come out of a folder.

It just makes me use Finder instead.
By Certified Beatz Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:48 am
Agree with you on that also and usimf the mpc builder doesn't work in controller mode you have to drag to the software which i mever see because i ise it in a vst.. looking for a total hands free from the pc.. also 16 mono outs would be mice in conteoller mode.. and launch a vst from hardware meaning gui i have multiple screens it would be nice to see my plugins

Besides that great work!
By MPC-Tutor Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:00 am
Just a heads up, like the previous beta, this update is not available to download from your Akai account unless you have an MPC Touch, the link under my registered 'MPC Live listing still points to 2.0.11. Try the 'Check for Updates' link directly in the mpc software.

Also, the updated manual (1.1) is found in the 'Help' section of the mpc software - the version on the Akai site is unsurprisingly, the old one.
By Lampdog Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:18 pm
Kimbo wrote:I think thy gonna call it beta for ever...

Just went to your soundcloud.

All I got to say is.

*props*

You make good shit.

Even when some stuff is not my cup of tea I can surely recognize the skill and talent involved.