MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By tonemelle Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:49 am
Is anybody else having problems getting the Waves V9 VSTs to show up in 2.0.2/2.0.4?? They show up in Live, Cubase 7, Reaper and ofcourse 1.6 :Sigh: but not 2.0.2 or 2.0.4 anymore all of a sudden. Help would be greatly appreciated :)
By zangetsu01 Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:22 am
Did you do a scan for new or a full rescan in 2.0.4?

If you did a full rescan that might explain why they are not showing.
I would suggest to downgrade to 1.6 and do a full rescan and upgrade
back to 2.0.4.
By otobot Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:53 pm
The only way to use Waves plugins in MPC Software without the 1.6 hack, is to use Shell2VST and "unpack" the Waves DLL's into a custom folder in the vstplugins directory.

Do a google search for "xlutop shell2vst".
After placing the program into your vst directory you have to drag and drop the WaveShell(s) in your vstplugins dir onto the shell2vst executable. It then creates a new directoy called "Waves" which includes all the Waves plugins you have in all their mono/steroe/5.1 versions as DLL's.

You can then delete the DLL's in that dir that you don't use.

MPC Software will register these unpacked DLL's with the next plugins scan so they can be used.
By tonemelle Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:47 am
I got it working after countless hours of troubleshooting but yea I scan Waves VSTs on 1.6 and Scan New in 2.0.4 now and it works now. Thanks for the responses though. I wish I jotted down how I got it to work but I wasn't expecting it to work the time I got it to.
By otobot Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:33 pm
Has anyone else tried my described method? As often as I see people struggling with Waves plugs in MPC Software, I think this should be easily accessible information, so people who maybe even do not have ways to use pre 2.0 Software can get their plugins to work.

otobot wrote:The only way to use Waves plugins in MPC Software without the 1.6 hack, is to use Shell2VST and "unpack" the Waves DLL's into a custom folder in the vstplugins directory.

After placing the program into your vst directory you have to drag and drop the WaveShell(s) in your vstplugins dir onto the shell2vst executable. It then creates a new directoy called "Waves" which includes all the Waves plugins you have in all their mono/steroe/5.1 versions as DLL's.

MPC Software will register these unpacked DLL's with the next plugins scan so they can be used.
By Pads Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:42 am
otobot wrote:Has anyone else tried my described method? As often as I see people struggling with Waves plugs in MPC Software, I think this should be easily accessible information, so people who maybe even do not have ways to use pre 2.0 Software can get their plugins to work.

otobot wrote:The only way to use Waves plugins in MPC Software without the 1.6 hack, is to use Shell2VST and "unpack" the Waves DLL's into a custom folder in the vstplugins directory.

I have. When I first got 2.0 it scanned the Waves plugins no problem. But after the update it went back to the same problems pre-2.0 had. I did a Google search and found the Shell2VST trick, tried it and the software scanned the plugins just fine.
By zangetsu01 Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:29 pm
otobot wrote:Has anyone else tried my described method? As often as I see people struggling with Waves plugs in MPC Software, I think this should be easily accessible information, so people who maybe even do not have ways to use pre 2.0 Software can get their plugins to work.

[

I have and it also works..