MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By zangetsu01 Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:26 am
I believe that most of you guys are using the MPC strictly in stand alone mode (I'm doing the oposite).
Because I don't hear anyone complain about software updates lately. :hmmm:

I figured that after the 2.0.5. update for standalone the update for controller mode would follow soon after.

Nope we've only got a 2.0.4. update wich brought nothing major/new to the table. :Sigh:

I would like for them to release 2.0.5 assap so I can use pitch and timestretching for my programs. :wink:

Are there any other CM users out there? or are most of you guys SM users?

(CM = Controler Mode & SM = Standalone Mode)
By MPC-Tutor Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:57 am
I believe most people using the Live/X are using it purely in standalone mode and many are not even aware of (or particularly care about) the computer application. There also does not seem to be that many MPC Touch users out there, and an even smaller number using the 2.0 beta.

But regardless, it throws much of the 'hybrid' approach out of the window as there's no consistency (unless you choose to avoid using those missing features). I personally use controller mode extensively, so find it frustrating that we currently have two different feature sets depending on the 'mode' we are currently working in.

Also don't forget that the standalone is still currently missing controller mode features - for example, there are no submixes in standalone, so if you have them in your controller mode project, opening them in standalone removes them. I actually feel that's quite a big issue and I'm surprised that there's no chatter about this. Are standalone users not missing submixes?
By zangetsu01 Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:41 am
MPC-Tutor wrote: Are standalone users not missing submixes?

I certainly would if I would make a switch from CM to SM. But the chance that I would make such a switch is close to nonexistend as I rely heavely on 3rd party vst's/vsti's.

I believe (my opinion) that the true power of the new MPC's are unleashed when they are used in controller mode. You don't need a big computer to do it in this age of time. I'm using this small 10mm thick Surface Pro 3 powerhouse:

And I can always hook it up to a giant monitor if I like to
By MPC-Tutor Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:39 pm
Fanu wrote:In other news, NI just received a 50+ million EUR investment.
Expect some pretty dope developments from their end, while Akai will be playing catch-up.

In more ways than one - with 50 million quid going spare, what's the odds that NI look at poaching a few key
members of the Akai team? There must be some decent 'standalone hardware' knowledge in there worth pinching.
By Fanu Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:20 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
Fanu wrote:In other news, NI just received a 50+ million EUR investment.
Expect some pretty dope developments from their end, while Akai will be playing catch-up.

In more ways than one - with 50 million quid going spare, what's the odds that NI look at poaching a few key
members of the Akai team? There must be some decent 'standalone hardware' knowledge in there worth pinching.

I'll be honest, after I saw that news, for the first time ever, I did think, who knows if NI wants to take a shot at a decent standalone+software combo.
By zangetsu01 Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:32 pm
Fanu wrote:
I'll be honest, after I saw that news, for the first time ever, I did think, who knows if NI wants to take a shot at a decent standalone+software combo.

If NI is developing a Standalone that would be great(For those who need it), but for me it's only to keep Akai sharp. I honestly don't feel like I need a different mashine.

I need Akai to be more consistent with these updates. It's been a month since 2.0.5 has been released for SM.
Is the software realy being developt by a team or is it just an one man army? :Sigh:
By Fanu Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:40 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:
Fanu wrote:

If NI is developing a Standalone that would be great(For those who need it), but for me it's only to keep Akai sharp. I honestly don't feel like I need a different mashine.

I need Akai to be more consistent with these updates. It's been a month since 2.0.5 has been released for SM.
Is the software realy being developt by a team or is it just an one man army? :Sigh:

I don't think anything will light a fire under Akai's arse or change the way they are.
I don't think they care that much or feel the pressure. I don't get the vibe that they want to be a ground-breaking music company (they're just one company under InMusic putting consumer-grade stuff) or really feel the pressure from the competitor's side.
Definitely get the one-man dev team vibe.
Don't get me wrong, I'd *love* to see Akai claim the throne, but imho they haven't been able to do that...they're always playing catch-up, even with their legacy products.
The competition is fierce, and now with NI getting the big investor money, that's just one more nail on Akai's coffin.
By Certified Beatz Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:31 am
I would disagree maschine is faster also linking it with K61 you can chop and lay down vsts on the fly.. rhe rhe positive side.. negative rhe software to me is inadequate sequencing sounds bland. There kits are dope tho.. akai all day well as far as the new MPC's
By ntalec Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:04 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:it throws much of the 'hybrid' approach out of the window

zangetsu01 wrote:I certainly would if I would make a switch from CM to SM. But the chance that I would make such a switch is close to nonexistend as I rely heavely on 3rd party vst's/vsti's.
I believe (my opinion) that the true power of the new MPC's are unleashed when they are used in controller mode.

Says it all.
Akai seems to be losing sight of the power of the hybrid and the users appear to be just as confused.

It's crazy how people are so willing to buy the Live or X to use as a standalone with all the limitations it imposes compared to what they could accomplish on the computer.

Akai seems really adamant on doing things to make the standalone concept work in a world that passed that point quite a while ago.
If they would support the hybrid concept properly then the standalone aspect would be fine but there are just too many trade-offs in all that Akai is doing.
By MPCWeapon1 Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:56 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:I believe that most of you guys are using the MPC strictly in stand alone mode (I'm doing the oposite).
Because I don't hear anyone complain about software updates lately. :hmmm:

I figured that after the 2.0.5. update for standalone the update for controller mode would follow soon after.

Nope we've only got a 2.0.4. update wich brought nothing major/new to the table. :Sigh:

I would like for them to release 2.0.5 assap so I can use pitch and timestretching for my programs. :wink:

Are there any other CM users out there? or are most of you guys SM users?

(CM = Controler Mode & SM = Standalone Mode)

Let them take their time to get it right.