MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By shimmyshimmy Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:14 pm
Sup guys. I've been in the game for a bit, with a very long break and I've always thought that it's kind of a hassle to record something from a website for example, like youtube (I know some purists will hate it, but idc tbh).

Can someone show me the way? I focus more on keyboard skills now, but heck I've spent so many years on samples that it's kinda dumb to try to throw it all out, when I still hear crazy samples I wanna **** with. Strip it down the way I want it, beautiful.

Peace
By shimmyshimmy Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:44 am
Yeah, found it, but it doesn't work the way I wanted. I wanted to sample my Sound Interface's Main Outs using MPC 2.0 software. Seems this will resample MPC's Main Outs as if I wanted to bounce my beat/music.

Will look in the manual for solution in the meantime or wherever, but if someone can help me out I'd be grateful. It's a great idea to sample this thing directly into MPC so there is no middle men :worthy:

Edit: seems like it's just easier to use a program dedicated to it, but if someone knew of the idea on how to sample it this way into MPC 2.0 software then I'd be interested in that.
By d00d Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:00 am
The easiest way is to use some utility software to send the output from your favorite app to a pseudo-audio device that you can then record from as a normal audio device from MPC 2.0. The specific apps that do this depend on your OS and budget. Loopback is what I use on my Mac (add the sibling Audio Hijack for real super-powers), and I used to use Total Recorder on Windows. Again, these will work with anything on your computer that generates sound/audio output -- awesome stuff!
By shimmyshimmy Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:37 am
Yeah it's cool, I've already tried some programs and they get the job done.

Now is there a way to setup your MPC so it emulates this behavior? I thought it's not worth **** with, but I think it could be done, by using some tricks. Maybe not on MPC Touch, but I'll try this first on MPC4000 as I know this machine really well and have an idea already.

but, yeah somebody has any ideas? Once again probably a bit of playing around, but when you set it up once it's done and it would be really good, for me at least, as I'm going in the other direction now; I limit the tools and try to master those I choose to use.
By shimmyshimmy Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:20 am
ROFL my MPC 4000 can do it like it's nothing, but how do I do it on MPC Touch is the real question?

The thing about MPC 4K is that it's standalone and not connected to the sound interface, while MPC Touch doesn't have it's own source of sound and I'm not a sound technician, but I heard something about a loop; thoughts?

I feel like MPC X & Live would do that easily while in stand alone mode, but I'm not sure how it even differs from controller mode.
By shimmyshimmy Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:47 am
Hm, have some better ideas thanks to MPC4k, but now MPC Software settings **** with me. Guess I could've broken something while switching so much stuff around.
By shimmyshimmy Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:56 am
Got it. Simple and very easy. Just hook up your interface Outs to MPC (in this case Touch) Ins and select Input 1+2 under Sampler menu.

It's actually crazy. Mamma I'm coming home.