MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By quietizkept Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:24 pm
I've searched Google & YouTube, and just tried to figure it out on my own, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to multi track out from the MPC plugin in Harrison Mixbus. I've tried to set both tracks & submixes to 1-2, 2-3, etc, but neither worked. In Mixbus, all it sees is a stereo out from the plugin. The corresponding tracks or busses in MB only see the output on 1-2.
For instance, the Knowledge Base shows a popup dialog about routing in Logic, but not in Sonar. It just shows how to do stereo out.
Alternately, I could perhaps try Rearoute or Jack Audio and MTC from the stand alone software, but this is not ideal. Am I tripping? Multi track out from the plugin is a thing, right?
I'm on Windows 10 x64, the latest edition, and use MPC software 1.9.6.1, with Harrison Mixbus (not 32c) version 4. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
By quietizkept Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:20 am
All the videos on YouTube about using other multi-out plugins say
Add a midi track - select an instrument - and if it's a multi-out a popup appears and asks how many tracks you want. MPC doesn't even show up in this menu, even after several rescans. It is the 64 bit plugin & daw. However you can add an empty midi track then right-click on it and add the MPC plug to that track that way, but it's just the stereo out version. It works as suspected, except no multi tracks. I tried to add 16 tracks to the pinout, but neither the MPC outputs nor the Mixbus inputs see them. I tried to join the Mixbus forum but the confirmation email never came. If I had hair, I'd pull it out. I was hoping for a better workflow than exporting stems to import in MB.
By quietizkept Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:17 pm
I figured it out, or at least the audio routing, in case anyone else needs the info. I had to add a blank midi track, then add the mpc plugin to it. Then, with pin out, add 32 outs for 16 stereo outs. The trick was to add audio tracks one at a time, and to configure each track's input to correspond to the appropriate mpc output with the routing grid. They would not work added all at once. Now, if I could only figure out how to control transport from my hardware.