MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By BNB- Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:22 am
Hello! I am currently working on a song using MPC Essentials and my new Akai MPK mini. it has come to my attention that there is no way to create "multiple tracks" so to speak in MPC Essentials. I cannot record a baseline and then switch to drum input and record drums over my baseline sound. this kinda makes creating on concise piece difficult and frustrating because all of the parts have to be recorded and rendered separate. tho, that is still somewhat of a problem. is there any easy way to listen to a track in time with the metronome of your MPC essentials recording? this would make things a lot easier for me.
By BNB- Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:25 am
Lampdog wrote:Isn't Essentials non multitrack?

" it has come to my attention that there is no way to create "multiple tracks" so to speak in MPC Essentials."
By kaydigi Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:36 am
BNB- wrote:Hello! I am currently working on a song using MPC Essentials and my new Akai MPK mini. it has come to my attention that there is no way to create "multiple tracks" so to speak in MPC Essentials. I cannot record a baseline and then switch to drum input and record drums over my baseline sound. this kinda makes creating on concise piece difficult and frustrating because all of the parts have to be recorded and rendered separate. tho, that is still somewhat of a problem. is there any easy way to listen to a track in time with the metronome of your MPC essentials recording? this would make things a lot easier for me.

One option is you can update essentials to the full software now, the cost is $149. Which is not too bad.

The other option is hosting multiple essentials sessions in a daw that way everything plays in time.