MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By quietizkept Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:38 pm
OK so I bought an unbranded "USB Guitar Link" cable for $4 off the Wish app because I'm goofy like that. It shipped with a Behringer driver. Stick with me, now, no eye rolls (but I get it).
Long story short, it operates in ONLY 16 bit in WDM mode, and ONLY 32 bit Float Point in ASIO mode! I used Harrison Mixbus and ASIO4ALL to confirm (then uninstalled the latter cause yuck). It actually sounds dang good! I cannot make Mixbus clip. It's nuts. Latency set at factory default 256 is just fine. Neither this thing nor my computer struggles too awful much until I start racking up many plugins. I don't like the idea of recording to 32 bit because of file size but it's what I got.
My question is, in MPC preferences, should sampling bit depth be 16 bit or 24, for best performance and/or sound? 24 just has a lower noise floor vs 16. I get that. Seems like I read somewhere that half was easier & better, but I may be tripping as I can't find that info now.
With the interface at 32, I can tell no difference between 16&24 in the MPC settings. Does that ish even work when used with a 32 bit interface? Any thoughts? Thank you!