MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By smwag2000 Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:55 pm
I purchased a new MPC Studio Black yesterday from Guitar Center and went to register it in order to get the link for the MPC 2.0 software. However, I mistakenly chose the MPC Studio (not MPC Studio Black) from the dropdown list in the registration page.

I inputted my serial number and the links for the software are now visible. Problem is that the system provides links to the MPC 1.9 version, so it thinks I bought a MPC Studio. Its unclear (at least to me) that if I downloaded and registered the 1.9 version if I would automatically be provided with an upgrade to 2.0. So, my question is whether to download 1.9 and register the software and hope I get a link or code for the newest version? Or should I wait for Tech Support to get back to me, as I submitted a support request last night explaining the problem.

If anyone with knowledge of Akai's upgrade process has advice that would be great. Thanks in advance for the help

-Stephen