MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Lyricalgenius81 Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:46 pm
Hi ,

Just curious as I’m new to MPC 2.0 and mpc in general and also learning about producing. I’ve just completed my first hip hop track complete with audio and it just needs some final editing mixing and minor adjustments. I have learned a lot these last few months but came across some tricky moments when editing and recording audio and would like to know wether there is any easier methods or things I could be doing to help my work flow.

So first issue I encountered was that when you want to keep recording vocals let’s say a 16 bar loop, is there a way so that the recording continues once the 16 bars have looped round so that for instance you can keep trying to get a better performance . I could not work out if there is a way to access further audio takes that have recorded behind the first loop? I got round this by making the sequence like 300 bars to give me loads of space to record but this is not ideal!

Second I found that if you have vocals that are starting just before the bar starts it’s very tricky to edit because of the way mpc uses sequences. I would have to cut the vocal take exactly on the bar and obviously chop some of the beginning of the take. Only way I see getting round this would be converting multiple sequences together to create the space to allow the vocal to start slightly earlier. Any other tips?