MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Supreme_homie_James Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:28 am
Is it possible to use this vst (scaler)mpc 2.0 software please help I’m thinking about buying the upgrade for MPC Studio
By dez perado Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:41 pm
Im interested in answer to this also :popcorn:
By Cockdiesel Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:44 pm
Can you use it in the Mpc software currently?
By dez perado Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:46 pm
Yea i would think if it worked previous to 2.0 theres no reason that would have changed and vice-versa. I myself am wondering if it works with the software period
By vinylstyle Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:53 pm
I just got Scaler today and yes it does work with MPC 2.0. You use it as a plugin instrument. It comes with a piano and three synths (nothing fancy) so you can hear the chords. You can't route the midi to other instruments. But you can export the chords as midi. Or just use it as a reference to play the chords yourself on other instrument tracks.
By BostonGreen Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:15 pm
interested in this too, going to download the trial and have a play around. Regarding routing the midi out to other instruments not being possible, would loading Scaler up as an instrument in Ableton, set the midi out to the mpc midi in work?
By BostonGreen Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:18 pm
BostonGreen wrote:interested in this too, going to download the trial and have a play around. Regarding routing the midi out to other instruments not being possible, would loading Scaler up as an instrument in Ableton, set the midi out to the mpc midi in work?

No joy, tried mounting Scaler in SAVIHost and setting midi out but it wouldnt let me select the midi out that I have set in mpc as midi in .....
By dez perado Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:33 pm
Any progress on getting this to work
By monkiusz Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:04 pm
Use Blue Cat’s Patchwork plugin. Check out how to route everything on youtube, there is video about that in programs such Reason, MPC Software etc.
By tonemelle Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:38 pm
Patchworks is cool. Akai does need to get over this midi/automation hump though. It's 2018!!!!!! We should've been using iZotope Stutteredit, Scaler, chthulu, etc. ages ago. 2012 to 2018??? C'mon!!
Akai software users have come up with more workarounds for this software than the software coming with new features.. I agree that the software has developed alot better than the previous years but the potential that it does have it is sad to see how long it will continue to take to reach it :Sigh:
By monkiusz Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:53 am
Yes, MPC Software is still half-baked. I decided to go with Mixbus DAW for my mixing purposes to get basic features other DAW's had such as side-chaining because of that. There workaround which I know but I want to just work, not search workarounds for basic features.