MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By basophof Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:30 pm
Hey guys! Long time lurker, first time poster.
I'm a Ableton user looking to get back into using a MPC (the Live to be exact)
I also wanna use the MPC Software, but one problem: Sidechaining is a REALLY big thing in my music.
I just downloaded the MPC software for the 7 day demo, but even with the PRO-C I just can't find out how to get it working. Any tips on getting sidechain working?

Thaaaaaaaanks!
By zangetsu01 Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:56 pm
In software mode (not in standalone mode). you can use side kick 5 by Lemon. It seems that they've got a new name now.

Its called side kick extended 6 and their new company name is Beatrig.

You can put one instance of side kick on you drum program and load another on your bass program. it will route a copy of the drum signal to the instance on the bass program.

So the first instance is the transmiter and the other one is the receiver. (you can load more transmitters and receivers if you like)

But with the receiver you can compress the sound of the bass with the transmitted signal of the drumkick.

And voila.. you've got side chaining. :smoker:

Not going to wait for akai to implement basic functions anymore.. :popcorn:
By basophof Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:27 pm
Just downloaded it, and it works!

The only question now is, what happens when you switch over again to standalone mode? Does it just switch off, or is there like a "freeze" thing?