MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By quietizkept Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:27 pm
Sonar Platinum, and its successor Cakewalk, are free right now so I'm trying them out. I used to track out into Sonar 8. Anyway, when I load MPC as a plugin, any project I try to load in MPC refuses to load any Tracks Or Sequences & say "unused" in their place. Programs all load up fine.
Also, my older projects work fine. I don't remember when I got 2.0, but presumably, it's the 1.9.6.1 projects that load ok, and 2.0 + that don't. I'm on 2.2 now, but i tried with 2.1 and got the same result. I've tried running Sonar & Cakewalk as administrator, that doesn't work either.

Any Ideas? I really like how low the CPU usage is in Cakewalk and the Fat Channels are pretty good.

Sonar Platinum & Cakewalk are basically identical, but SPLAT won't be updated anymore. Everything I tried, I tried in both with the exact same results. Thank you for your time!
By quietizkept Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:39 pm
I figured out something late last night: After I load the main project file, to get the Tracks & Sequences to load up, I can load the .sxq file out of the project folder, and it works. The programs are already in place. Kinda a PITA, though. There has to be some reason this is happening, I'm just stumped.
By quietizkept Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:34 pm
Ok so I figured it out. Here is how in case someone needs it in the future:

I had combined several Cycle kits into one program. It had a sample in every slot on every pad on banks A-H.
Deleted or replaced that program with a much smaller one, viola.

Too many samples caused the initial glitch, as far as I can tell.