MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By finalmattasy Fri May 04, 2018 9:09 pm
I'm using mpc x for midi sequencing and have it sending midi clock to control mpc software's playback. When arming an audio track for recording in the software, it cancels the record-enable status of the track the moment I press play on the mpc x. This prevents me from being able to hear the X's sequence playback and at the same time record audio using my preferred AD converters.

Is there a setting i'm missing that will stop this record- cancel from happening? I can click record-enabled play on the software itself and it records fine, but this of course is unsynced with the X.
By finalmattasy Mon May 07, 2018 9:02 pm
I may have found a solution. Recording seems to work with Midi Machine Control on and Midi Clock off. Still need to test it out more as the sync seems slightly off, but at least the transport controls in the software acknowledge the record status.
Still like to know what others are doing in this regard. Audio tracks in software with midi in the MPC seems like a good idea. Wanna know people's best settings for syncing it up.