MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By theodorodlund Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:06 pm
Hi guys! I am a new with the MPC 2XL but have used other drum machines. I am Looking for a way to record from the mpc to computer per pad (not all pads) but the basic drums for ex 5-8 different to ableton on different channels without buying a 8 in soundcard.. i was Looking at a midi 2 usb but that does not transfer sounds right only midi signal.. any tips? Thanks! :hmmm:
By Lampdog Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:13 am
Use the mixer in mpc. Turn down all channels except the ones you want to record.
No 8out, track by track, long process but it's the only way. If you have mono samples on 2 separate pads you can configure mpc mixer to output either L or R and record those out together as stereo, just separate/split stereo wav to 2xmono wavs on computer.

If you have stereo samples the mixer will ONLY give you choices of LR, 12, 34, 56, 78.
If you have mono samples the mixer will ONLY give you choices of L, R, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.