MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By napeterson Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:18 pm
Hi all,

Not new to recording and other DAW software/plugins/etc...But somewhat new to the MPC world.
I have an MPC Studio Black and the MPC Software. I'm getting along fine and making cool stuff, but my question is this:

How do you quickly find a sound that you want within a plugin? For instance -

I'm working on a project now. I want a "breathy vocal" sound...how do i quickly find those sounds within these plugins?

The Bank has a million sounds...but they are all named "Dirty Dirty" and "Hate Your Neighbors"...What am I supposed to expect that sound to be? Why aren't they labelled categorized better?

How do you find sounds quickly?

Thanks.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:39 pm
That's just how those plugins have been built, there's no way to workaround it. But ultimately the MPC doesn't have a proper sample tagging system (like Maschine, where the tags are added to the sample meta data) so even in sample expansions you are 100% reliant on what the developer puts in the file name (e.g. HipHop-Snare-808 Snappy Snare.wav', so there's only a limited space available for that.