MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Dee Farm Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:59 am
Hey guys/gals, Hope you can help. Finally finished my song and went to do the audio mix down. I have 3 tracks coming from my Virus as midi into the MPC and using the software. When it’s doing the mixdown I can hear the part playing out of my speakers, cause it’s also hooked up to my mixer but those parts are missing from the song when play back the recording. Kind of important to the whole song. I record all in one sequence and have 21 plugs on this song. Really appreciate the help, first time using external hardware with the MPC.
By 83dude Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:43 am
This is not doable. You need to record it first. How should the CPU calculate what‘s going on in an external synth? Best to just record the MPC‘s output when playing it.
By Jean-Marc Liotier Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:19 pm
The MPC merely sends the notes to the synth - MIDI across the wire. Then the synth plays the notes and makes a sound on its output. The MPC has no idea what the synth does with the notes, unless the MPC receives the synth's output on its input - in which case bouncing the MIDI as an audio track or as a sample is possible.
By Dee Farm Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:45 am
I have the MIDI ins outs from the Virus going into the MPC, when I’m playing back the song it plays the tracks perfectly. Do I just need to bounce the tracks to audio or do I need to record as audio, plug the audio ins outs to the interface and record like I would an audio track? Thanks for the time.
Appreciate it.
By 83dude Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:53 am
You can‘t bounce. Read the post above again, please. The CPU can‘t tell what the synth does just as you don‘t know what other people think. So yes, you need to record your synth or record the MPC output into a DAW, both live.