Dedicated to all things DJing from gear, tricks, tips, mods, news and reviews
By MalaKai Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:19 am
Saw this. No word yet if they're making a new line of 1200s, I think the Pioneer PLX-1000 is the best thing until then. I think Panasonic is banking on a new line of mostly digital oriented products.
By distortedtekno Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:27 pm
The new systems look nice. I agree, if they don't reissue the 1200, the Pioneer is definitely the way to go.
By Tag One The Fader Fiend Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:18 pm
Although Panasonic have been very quiet and tight lipped about the DJ side of the technics brand, I'm going to go out on a limb and say:

:arrow: There will be a 1200/1210 MK 6 turntable, revamped and modernised with a beefier torque motor, reverse, ultra pitch range (plus and minus 50) and possibly a straight tone arm version aimed to dominate the turntablist market.

:arrow: A new range of mixers possibly a new scratch mixer, a 4 channel club style mixer and maybe some kind of digital style DVS mixer aimed at the digital market.

:arrow: Wouldn't be surprised if there was a new line of CDJ to compete with the top of the line Pioneer CDJ's

:arrow: Some kind of digital midi controller to use with a DVS.
By Coz Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:50 pm
^ All of that would be good. :nod:

Wouldn't a new model be a Mk 7 though? There's a fella on eBay selling Mk 6's for £1000 a pop. :shock:
By Tag One The Fader Fiend Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:00 pm
Sorry Coz was suppose say the MK 7 :Sigh:

I believe the mk 6 was a limited edition run in Japan to mark Technics special 35th anniversary. That doesn't surprise me there Coz someone will pay the money for them, same as the SL-1200GLD and SL-1200LTD versions.
By Coz Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:10 pm
No worries, I wouldn't have known myself if I hadn't been checking them out last week. :)

A 1210 with beefier specs would be lovely.
By peterpiper Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:52 pm
A 1210 (same stable platter/chassis etc as the old one) )with an OPTIONAL (cause those who don't want it don't want to pay for it) integrated 24bit soundcard and DJ software (stable as the turntable itself). A modern version of the 1200 DJ mixer.
All for a very good price and they're in the market like 1990

peace
By Tag One The Fader Fiend Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:55 pm
An official statement from Pioneer HQ regarding the media speculation of the sale was released on the 4th September

I interpret what the above message says is "if you’re interested and serious then we would probably at least take a meeting with you”
By Star One Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:18 pm
^Absolutely right!

As for like new Technics and turntables im not going to be getting any. The old MK2's do just fine for me. Theres just not much to turntables mechnically, and it all just seems like I dont know the term for it in english but having to have the latest gear. With some things it almost feels like a trap to spend spend spend.

Its a lot of money and its not going to make me any better.

I can see where like someone with my thoughs tho on this would get one of the new ones. They are cool. Maybe cleaner and that. Or I dunno maybe it could be inspiring even.

But I like my bootleg GLD's xD
By Star One Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:43 pm
I dont think thats a released model. I saw that a few years ago. I think its a custom for someone