Dedicated to all things DJing from gear, tricks, tips, mods, news and reviews
By Tag One The Fader Fiend Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:18 pm
Received some very sad news today that turntable and mixer manufacturer Vestax has filed for bankruptcy, a Japanese news outlet has confirmed.

http://www.factmag.com/2014/12/10/vesta ... confirmed/

Vestax has and will always have a special place in my heart for all they done for the turntablist community.
By THE ADVERSARY Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:28 pm
It had already been reported that they had shutdown and were no longer functioning back during the Summer.

I guess this is the real paperwork finally showing up.
By Tag One The Fader Fiend Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:29 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Bankrupt company with iconic legacy going cheap? I foresee a new inMusic brand on the horizon...

:popcorn:

Might be the best time to try and get some gear from the creditors while they sell it off at a cheaper rate to reduce the debt :smoker:

Yeah that wouldn't surprise me if the inMusic group snap Vestax up to be honest :popcorn:
By Tag One The Fader Fiend Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:43 pm
mr_debauch wrote:I hope inmusic **** off

Me too mate, but unfortunately it would be a great look for the inmusic business portfolio regarding DJ brands, Denon, Numark and Vestax. It would also help them be dominate in the DJ market as well.
By THE ADVERSARY Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:50 pm
The only problem is Vestax lost it's relevance quite a while back by not putting products out. :(

Not sure sticking their name on something would actually sell, the DJ gear market is just so flooded right now.

Funny part is that with the strong position Vestax had at one time you would have thought they would have partnered with someone early on to be a leader in the digital dj game.
By le rat Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:26 pm
This is a niche market inside a niche market so I don't think a company with many employees can make enough profits from this. Anyway happy to see this DRC project. I hope the final cutting head will be good enough. It's the most critical part.
By Star One Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:47 pm
I remember seeing when that Lathe was announced, really wanted to get one. The price on this DRC is not bad at all. But I think a box of 25 lacquers is around 400-500USD.

Gets pricy. Better for someone who is going to be cutting dub plates for other people rather then a personal thing of course.

Edit: I see they sell a blank 10" PVC Disc for 4USD
By le rat Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:31 am
Yeah it's a very expensive hobby for an amateur.

Depends on what you want to do but 14" lacquers are expensive, dub plates made from the same material are less expensive and PVC discs are relatively cheap.
But if I'm not mistaken you can't cut everything with the same cutting stylus. Usually diamond is for PVC and ruby for lacquers. So that leads to another problems.

In relation with this topic, Vestax VRX2000 is generally considered as a failure, a bad value for money, especially when it was released.

I like Vestax very much and this bankruptcy makes me sad. At least they tried to innovate. I hope one day a company will come up with new products instead of resuscitating clones of clones.
By Tag One The Fader Fiend Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:30 pm
le rat wrote:Depends on what you want to do but 14" lacquers are expensive, dub plates made from the same material are less expensive and PVC discs are relatively cheap. But if I'm not mistaken you can't cut everything with the same cutting stylus. Usually diamond is for PVC and ruby for lacquers. So that leads to another problems.

Yeah I believe the cutting stylus were only good for "X" amounts of cuts before you had to replace the stylus. On the whole the VRX2000 was a very expensive machine to buy and maintain.
By Tag One The Fader Fiend Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:56 pm
distortedtekno wrote:And too bad for that vinyl cutter as well. I always wanted one. But never could afford it.

Saw one a while back on ebay going for £1,700, it was re-listed twice and I don't think it even sold the 3rd time it was listed either.
By Tag One The Fader Fiend Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:22 pm

First there was the rumour, then the semi-official bankruptcy news, and then came yesterday’s wonderful post from the former president of the company. But new word has emerged from Vestax‘s US distributor that confirms what I’ve wanted to share for ages — while Vestax as we know it may well be over, a new Vestax is about to emerge

http://djworx.com/vestax-keeps-calm-carries/