Dedicated to all things DJing from gear, tricks, tips, mods, news and reviews
By JUKE 179r Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:07 am
I saw the review of the new Technics 1200GR from $4000 and they suck!
**** it! I'll stick with my trusty duo gray/silver MK2 1200s and my GLD that I've had for years than these new **** for 4 grand.
By JUKE 179r Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:15 am
JVC wrote:I just finished to replace the stylus light to LED, which I bought it via ebay.

The LED light works, but I really don't like the light (I kind of hate it); it is cold, less lumens (the original neon bulb is much brighter), and beam angle is too narrow (too narrow, it doesn't really beam to stylus), and it is kind of useless as a stylus light.
I might order the original neon bulb again...

Try icecoldcustomsusa1200 on ebay. They have the proper LEDs for a 1200 mod that I have used fro years.
By JVC Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:36 pm
JUKE 179r wrote:
JVC wrote:I just finished to replace the stylus light to LED, which I bought it via ebay.

The LED light works, but I really don't like the light (I kind of hate it); it is cold, less lumens (the original neon bulb is much brighter), and beam angle is too narrow (too narrow, it doesn't really beam to stylus), and it is kind of useless as a stylus light.
I might order the original neon bulb again...

Try icecoldcustomsusa1200 on ebay. They have the proper LEDs for a 1200 mod that I have used fro years.

Well, THAT was the seller I bought from! The LED works as it should, but I'm not happy with the mod at all.
By Coz Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:59 pm
JUKE 179r wrote:I saw the review of the new Technics 1200GR from $4000 and they suck!
**** it! I'll stick with my trusty duo gray/silver MK2 1200s and my GLD that I've had for years than these new **** for 4 grand.

This version is £1300 which is still too pricey.