Dedicated to all things DJing from gear, tricks, tips, mods, news and reviews
By Pure Crates Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:29 pm
Hey Guys and Girls,
I need to get a new mixer and I can't decide which one I should get.
I'm currently thinking about getting either a

Pioneer DJM-250 Image

or a DJ-Tech DIF-1s

Is some using one of them? I would like to know how the crossfader of the Pioneer is… Is it any good for scratching?
The Dj-Tech has a mini innofader, which is really nice, but the Pioneer has more functions overall (like a filter for each channel etc.)
Can the crossfader of the Pioneer compete with the innofader? I woud use the Mixer primarily for scratching (and sampling of course).

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers
By Lampdog Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:20 pm
Fixed :-D
By Matriks Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:39 am
Yo

I don't know about the Fader in the Pioneer-Mixers (VCA), but the innofader is a good one of course. I think it's a mini-innofader, right?

In my opinion the best faders are Eternal Faders from Ecler. But to each his own :wink:
By Star One Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:49 am
I dropped an Inno-Fader into my DMC mixer. I like it a lot. But at the same time, faders are faders to me unless they bleed. I started with using busted gear and got good with it, so maybe its a bit different for me. It still was a noticeable difference tho. But to me feels same as the one in my XONE02 and the Penny + Giles in the Rane Empath.

I'm curious tho which one you end up getting and what you think of it :nod:
By Phonetic Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:54 pm
Both of those mixers are wank in my opinion. Each to their own of course... :)
The Pioneer one sounds awful although the filters are a nice option & Iv heard so many stories of the DJ Tech one failing.
But for the money you could easily get a used Vestax or Ecler mixer.
My 2 pence.