Dedicated to all things DJing from gear, tricks, tips, mods, news and reviews
By bdockbeats Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:04 am
yall thoughts. which ones yall like? which is the best for type of djing u do? which one has better sound?standard or concord? pros/cons.

since im getting into scratching. i herd the standard is shure m447 for scratching but then qbert came out with his own cartridge for ortofon which is supose to be the creme a la creme for scratching but idk.
By Star One Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:25 pm
Carts and Needles are two different parts, that make up the whole thing. The cart is the little box that sits screwed onto the headshell. The needle plugs into the front of that.

I really liked the Stanton Track Master II's but I don't think you get them anymore. I use M44-G's. Used a bunch of other stuff, don't really remember the brands.

I feel like a lot of the stuff coming out is all gimics. Maybe it's because I've been using old busted stuff the whole time and rocking pretty well. Better ones do make a difference no doubt, but I think after a point it gets into the whole "audiophile" thing. At least the gimic side.

But the M44-G's or 7's are fairly inexpensive. Plus when your needles go out, you can get placement needles for around 22.00USD