Dedicated to all things DJing from gear, tricks, tips, mods, news and reviews
By Tag One The Fader Fiend Wed May 13, 2015 4:45 pm
JVC wrote:I don't think it comes with other accessories, like installation instructions, a fader knob, etc.

Sent them an email the other day inquiring whether you get the installation instructions, fader cap, fader alignment tool etc like you get in the box. Unfortunately the price is only for the actual fader which is a damn good price as your saving over 90% of the rrp. Don't know if the alignment tool is specially made just for the X-Fade or you could increase or decrease the lag and curve setting by searching in your toolbox for something that fits but personally I've going to get 2 or maybe a spare backup at that price and use them as line faders in my mixer. Fader caps can be found pretty cheaply on the net if you do your research :wink:
By JVC Thu May 14, 2015 7:23 pm
Tag One The Fader Fiend wrote:...
Fader caps can be found pretty cheaply on the net if you do your research :wink:

I want to know where I can find the cap/ knob that fit with the crossfader. (I did find out that crossfader knob for Rane 56 series can be used though)
By Tag One The Fader Fiend Sat May 16, 2015 2:56 pm
JVC wrote:I want to know where I can find the cap/ knob that fit with the crossfader. (I did find out that crossfader knob for Rane 56 series can be used though)

We have a look for you, what mixer have you got?
By JVC Sun May 17, 2015 11:51 am
Tag One The Fader Fiend wrote:
JVC wrote:I want to know where I can find the cap/ knob that fit with the crossfader. (I did find out that crossfader knob for Rane 56 series can be used though)

We have a look for you, what mixer have you got?

I have an old Vestax 5005 DJ mixer.
By Tag One The Fader Fiend Sun May 17, 2015 1:37 pm
Might be worth giving Eclectic Breaks a quick email to see if it will fit on your Vestax 5005 mixer as their website doesn't list it as a compatible mixer:-

At present the Pro X Fade fits straight into:

• Vestax PMC 05, 06, 07, 007, all versions except for Samurai digital x-fader. Fits PMC007 pro & QFO /QFO LE, use top plate from standard fit fader
• Allen & Heath all Xone Mixers
• Numark SM-1
• Stanton SK-series, all VCA alps/P&G/Focus compatible mixers except SK-4 and SK5
By Star One Sun May 17, 2015 2:10 pm
I've got the Pro X-Fade in my Allen & Heath. This mixer has been terribly abused by A LOT of people learning on this mixer, and the fader never needed replacing. The post on the thing is like made out of that stuff the terminators were made from... You can see little chop marks on either side.. But after 6-7 years of slamming back and forth, hasn't snapped.

Only had it bleed twice, and that is when I forget to keep some cloth over it to keep dust out for long periods of time

Take it back out, pop it open, super easy to open, clean the rails, done. It's super simple, and heavy duty.
By JVC Wed May 20, 2015 2:16 am
Tag One The Fader Fiend wrote:Might be worth giving Eclectic Breaks a quick email to see if it will fit on your Vestax 5005 mixer as their website doesn't list it as a compatible mixer:-

At present the Pro X Fade fits straight into:

• Vestax PMC 05, 06, 07, 007, all versions except for Samurai digital x-fader. Fits PMC007 pro & QFO /QFO LE, use top plate from standard fit fader
• Allen & Heath all Xone Mixers
• Numark SM-1
• Stanton SK-series, all VCA alps/P&G/Focus compatible mixers except SK-4 and SK5

Well, I think Pro X-fade can be used with the Vestax 5005 mixer, but I wanted to know where I could find the fader cap (knob) for Pro X-fade. The stem width is 8mm, which is a bit unusual.
By Tag One The Fader Fiend Wed May 20, 2015 10:29 am
JVC wrote:Well, I think Pro X-fade can be used with the Vestax 5005 mixer, but I wanted to know where I could find the fader cap (knob) for Pro X-fade. The stem width is 8mm, which is a bit unusual.

Found a black fader cap on the pro x fade website for only £3, might be worth asking how much the shipping fee to the USA will be tho

http://proxfade.co.uk/shop/product/product-3/
By Tag One The Fader Fiend Thu May 21, 2015 6:19 pm
JVC wrote:I found out that they recently added this knob, which looks just like a fader cap for ProX-Fade:

http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-st ... nob/1.html

I've just ordered the fader and cap. I hope it'll be easy installation.

Don't think it will fit as according to the website it only fits 4 mm-6mm fader sliders and the pro X Fade is a 8mm stem but on the plus size the Innofader is a 8mm stem, so you can probably stick an Innofader cap on it will no problems.
By JVC Fri May 22, 2015 7:24 pm
Tag One The Fader Fiend wrote:
JVC wrote:I found out that they recently added this knob, which looks just like a fader cap for ProX-Fade:

http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-st ... nob/1.html

I've just ordered the fader and cap. I hope it'll be easy installation.

Don't think it will fit as according to the website it only fits 4 mm-6mm fader sliders and the pro X Fade is a 8mm stem but on the plus size the Innofader is a 8mm stem, so you can probably stick an Innofader cap on it will no problems.

I did notice the item description, but it looks identical to Pro X Fade's fader cap. It may not fit, but the item description might be off. Let's see what happens. Worst case scenario, I can file the stem to make it 6mm width (but I hope I won't have to do that.)
By Tag One The Fader Fiend Wed May 27, 2015 6:06 pm
JVC wrote:I did notice the item description, but it looks identical to Pro X Fade's fader cap. It may not fit, but the item description might be off. Let's see what happens. Worst case scenario, I can file the stem to make it 6mm width (but I hope I won't have to do that.)

Hopefully the item description might be off, let us know how you get on with it :smoker: If you need any advice with the set-up then shoot me a pm :smoker:
By JVC Thu May 28, 2015 1:56 pm
I received my order. Good news is, the fader cap was indeed made for Pro X-Fade, it is perfect match (so the description was wrong.)
Bad news is, it is not compatible with my DJ mixer. It is not possible to mount on the fader plate, unless make new screw holes.
Plus, Pro X-Fade is 50K ohm pot, but Vestax 5005 uses 100Kohm pot, which I should've checked before I order it.
But, the fader itself is well made, so I think I'm going to keep it.