Dedicated to all things DJing from gear, tricks, tips, mods, news and reviews
By clashh Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:52 pm
i have a numark ttusb and i need a decent cartridge for this shitty turntable. i just it use only for listening and sampling (mpc)
which of these two cartridge would be the best option for this turntable ?

Shure M97xE or Shure WHLB ?

Thanks and Blessings.
By MalaKai Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:20 pm
You can't go wrong with the Shure M97xE.
By JUKE 179r Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:46 pm
Pickering cartridges/needles are great for hi-fi sound.
By JUKE 179r Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:17 am
here you go... http://www.turntabletech.com/diy.htm

The following are a few models which have been around for long enough to ensure replacement parts, as well as have proven themselves on the field of battle.

STANTON 500AL - (Later released as the 505 & DJ Craze Signature Edition) - Good carts on a budget for everyone. Especially good for the Hip Hop & Junglists out there.

STANTON 680HP - ( Eariler models were known as 680EL) - the 680 series were the indusrty standard for niteclub / DJ use throughout the 80's and into the 90's. Stanton beefed up the cantilever and pumped up the output voltage to deliver the 680HP. These can be bought new in "matched sets", in which Stanton has precisely matched the specifications for each cartridge. These are great for extended playback style mixing such as House/Progressive/Trance genres.

ORTOFON CONCORDE SERIES - (OEM cartridge mount series) This series has many sub models. They are all nearly the same as far as specifications. The finest ones out there are the NITECLUB models with the (E) Eliptical stylus, as the Eliptical stylus reaches deeper into the record groove and brings out more sound, especially on older, worn out records.

SHURE M44 -7 - Turntablism and mixing really bass drum heavy stuff... This is designed for high skip resistence, and BIG BASS!. The output levels are fully pumped @ 9.5 mV!, and the sound is thick... The Frequency Response is from 20hz-17khz..

SHURE M44G - These are more detailed with higher frequency response up to 19hz.

SHURE M35 - this tasty cartridge comes in two flavors , the "X" and the "S" models...Go for the "X".
By tapedeck Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:49 pm
the whitelabel is not bad either.
not what i would use for scratching, but for listening / sampling, its fine.
i have found the whitelabels and the 44g sound almost exactly the same, i just wear out the 44gs easier.