Dedicated to all things DJing from gear, tricks, tips, mods, news and reviews
By JUKE 179r Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:08 pm
Off the subject... but I've seen a few stores (Barnes & Noble, Fry's Electronics) now selling reissued LP records at ridiculous ass prices. And people are buying them!!!! :WTF:
By Dustyfinga1.0 Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:39 pm
I can't wait to see the price point on those MF'ERS.
By distortedtekno Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:22 pm
JUKE 179r wrote:Off the subject... but I've seen a few stores (Barnes & Noble, Fry's Electronics) now selling reissued LP records at ridiculous ass prices. And people are buying them!!!! :WTF:

Vinyl is expensive now. But I actually found better prices for some albums at Barnes & Noble than I found at some of the mom and pop stores, and even Amazon. I just wish they had more of a selection.

As for the new 1200s, I'm glad they're back again. I sold mine 4 years ago since I really needed the money. 2 years ago, I picked up an SL-5100 on ebay for $129. It's a good deck. Very accurate in terms of tracking, and the motor has a lot of torque. But the base is made of plastic. So it's more prone to vibrations. I stopped DJing years ago. I've been more into enjoying my albums I've been buying since the late '70s. So I'm more interested in audiophile stuff. I've been following Technics on Facebook lately and seen what they've been up to. But I'm not sure if all the teasers were for these 1200s or for something else more on the audiophile side. But given the specs about the motor design, the new 1200 might've been designed for both. I'll be trying to save money and upgrading at some point. I might buy 2 again if I feel like mixing some of my techno and house records again. 8)
By le rat Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:17 am
I've read that they would sell it for a stupid amount of 4000$.
Hope it's not true and there's a plan B for poor DJs :worthy:
By Coz Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:37 pm
It looks nice enough but it's a tough sell if it is 4 grand.
By JVC Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:20 pm
It is interesting that they re-introduce SL-1200 line.

In Japan, SL-1200 MK2 (and later models) are unbelievably common, you can get used SL-1200 MK2 for quite reasonable price.
By jibber Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:56 am
It's confirmed, it'll cost $4k. :shock:

I think in that price range, there is probably a lot of other turntables that will easily outperform this one. Stupid high price IMO. It's a glorified classic design tho, i'm sure some people will buy it without hesitation.
By dcook79 Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:41 pm
jibber wrote:It's confirmed, it'll cost $4k. :shock:

I think in that price range, there is probably a lot of other turntables that will easily outperform this one. Stupid high price IMO. It's a glorified classic design tho, i'm sure some people will buy it without hesitation.

A turntable for the 1%. Fantastic.
By distortedtekno Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:39 pm
jibber wrote:It's confirmed, it'll cost $4k. :shock:

Where's your source? And is that the price of the limited edition or the standard aluminum model?