Dedicated to all things DJing from gear, tricks, tips, mods, news and reviews
By Retro Styles Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:57 pm
Hey fellas,

I'm interested in scratching, but to do it for my shelf only, not something special.
I have the numark m2 mixer and I have a problem with the crossfader. There are some scratchy sounds like there is dust or something. There is another crossfader for the particular mixer except the innofader pro and the numark replacement crossfader. Also, is this mixer worth the fix, or I'll be better buying something better.

Have you any good DJ vinyl tool to suggest?

Thanks in advance guys.
By Retro Styles Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:02 pm
**** wrote:I am using DJ Rectangle´s various dj records...

Alright thanks for the replies my friend.

One last question.
As I don't have the money to upgrade my mixer, does the m2 worth to fix with the numark replacement crossfader or at maximum the innofader pro, or skip it and buy something new?
Keep in thought that my budget is very tight.
By JVC Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:18 am
Retro Styles wrote:...
As I don't have the money to upgrade my mixer, does the m2 worth to fix with the numark replacement crossfader or at maximum the innofader pro, or skip it and buy something new?
Keep in thought that my budget is very tight.

If I were you, I'd just get a replacement fader, not Innofader pro. Because, with Innofadar money (around 100 bucks), you can buy a new cheap mixer, and you might want to upgrade your mixer in near future. Save your money for something else. I recommend getting DeoxIT FaderLube though.
I used to practice DJ cutting on a cheap Gemini DJ mixer (didn't last 2 years) with a breeding cross fader, with Stanton 500AL cartridges with OEM styli. That was the norm back in late 80s' and early 90s', I think.
By JUKE 179r Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:31 pm
I don't know much about the Numark M2 mixer but if you are good with electronics, you can probably fix your x-fader yourself if it has an older model fader. I have easily repaired these in the past.
What happens is after time and lots of usage, (along with dust and dirt) the x-fader's metal contacts get bent upward and make a shitty connection on it's slide track. You have to open up the x-fader and carefully bend the metal contacts downward. clean out the dust/dirt with a clean rag, reassemble, slightly spray Deoxit fader lube, and reinstall in the mixer.

Here is what I'm talking about for repair...
By Lampdog Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:44 pm
**** wrote:I am using DJ Rectangle´s various dj records...

I have every last one of his mixed cd's. Some of THEE best I've ever heard.
I've seen him on video handle 6 tt's at once.
By tapedeck Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:57 pm
Super Seal Breaks is kind of the most bread and butter scratch record you can get. highly recommend it.

Super Duck Breaks is awesome too.

if your budget is tight, don't go for the innofader...that thing is $100. maybe try to fix yourself and make your budget a little better so you can get something proper. i started on a crappy gemini and when i finally upgraded to a vestax pmc-05 mkii, the difference was incredible.

also, dont ask for recommendations if yer budget is always going to get in the way... in that case, just make it work. i just recently bought another pmc-05 for $25 - so the deals are out there and nobody can predict what you will stumble on.