Dedicated to all things DJing from gear, tricks, tips, mods, news and reviews
By Ill-Green Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:00 pm
Joseph_Music wrote:hey everyone i have a awesome deal on this turntable and i was wondering has anyone ever used it for sampling purposes i would love some feedback on it please.

Old thread but the T.62 is still being made and already at MK2.

I just bought the M2 version and for the price, its a high quality turntable. The manufacturer's photo do not do justice for it looks plasticy and cheap looking on those pics. But in your hands its just as heavy as a Technics and its a build mix of metal and plastic.

After owning a Numark TTUSB for 12 years, I thought it was time to upgrade to a direct drive turntable for sampling. My first choice was an Audio Technica LP1240, then a Numark NTX-1000 since the TTUSB lasted so long and still on its manufactured rubber band, and then a Stanton 150 but I only needed something for sampling and later thought it would be overkill. Was about to pull the trigger on the T.92 M2, but I read its a digital turntable meaning the sound internally goes through A/D to D/A converters before going through your mixer. Its built that way to provide the timestretching instead of pitch tuning for the pitch slider, of course you can switch to true pitch but the damage is already done in my mind so I bought the so called cheaper T.62 M2 model, which has no USB and truly analog.

The weight is in the 20 lbs area, very heavy and the bottom chassis is completely metal and the legs are top notch high end kinda deal built to stay put at akward levels. Sides are plastic and maybe the top panel but the plate, stylus, arm and counterweight are all metal. Aligning the needle was quick too. Quality is up to par as a Technics and the motor is very smooth as well, now I can spin back pieces to sample and get instant startups instead of a long "RR rr Rr baa rrrrRrr" slow startup.

Sorry for a long post but after having a TTUSB for 12 years which is only 4 or 5 lbs and plastic all around except for the arm, plate and motor. A T.62 M2 was a major upgrade its definitely a top shelf turntable. Do not underestimate it for its price you are getting a Technics-quality kind of turntable.

And thats one to grow on. :smoker: