MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Dioe Thu May 25, 2017 4:27 am
Did you preorder?

I'm guessing those new dates are for batch number 2 because my Dawsons in Manchester were expecting them yesterday, but because of the recent attack didn't get the shipment..

I reckons other shores throughout the U.K either have them already or will within the next couple days :o

Preorder in February online, I'm also in Manchester, let me know if you get yours, then I can go to town in an email as preorders should be honoured first
By smellypants Thu May 25, 2017 6:13 am
Dioe wrote:
Did you preorder?

I'm guessing those new dates are for batch number 2 because my Dawsons in Manchester were expecting them yesterday, but because of the recent attack didn't get the shipment..

I reckons other shores throughout the U.K either have them already or will within the next couple days :o

Preorder in February online, I'm also in Manchester, let me know if you get yours, then I can go to town in an email as preorders should be honoured first

Will do mate :nod:
By Living Bate Thu May 25, 2017 7:06 am
Dioe wrote:Anyone from the uk have a live yet??? Dawsons have just put their dates back to 6/6/17, so the 25th and 30th is out of the window, another **** week :evil: added to the 4 month I've allready been waiting, this has gone beyond a joke.

got an update from Gear 4 Music yesterday saying MPC Live's are in stock and ready to ship

£969
By matt underwood Thu May 25, 2017 10:59 am
I get mine yesterday from house of sound in switzerland. was expecting to play around with their demo unit, but after I walked in they told me they have two more on stock and because I was on the preorder list I could take mine with me! 8) :smoker:
By Dioe Fri May 26, 2017 6:46 am
Living Bate wrote:
Dioe wrote:Anyone from the uk have a live yet??? Dawsons have just put their dates back to 6/6/17, so the 25th and 30th is out of the window, another **** week :evil: added to the 4 month I've allready been waiting, this has gone beyond a joke.

got an update from Gear 4 Music yesterday saying MPC Live's are in stock and ready to ship

£969

Yup I've seen that on the website this morning saying 4 available in stock, seems like they were the first to get them in the uk, unless they actually know the lives are on route to their shop and can advertise as in stock
By jpeg Fri May 26, 2017 12:06 pm
I will have my Live this weekend, so bout to go hard with beats I aint done nothing since last year, I do not enjoy making music on the mpct studio anymore, that screen just erks me.

also when knew features audio tracks and the touch screen available I was just anticipating using those
By Dioe Fri May 26, 2017 2:20 pm
jpeg wrote:I will have my Live this weekend, so bout to go hard with beats I aint done nothing since last year, I do not enjoy making music on the mpct studio anymore, that screen just erks me.

also when knew features audio tracks and the touch screen available I was just anticipating using those

How and where are you getting it? Lol
By Cockdiesel Fri May 26, 2017 4:35 pm
Dioe- watch some tutorials, play with the preloaded stuff to get familiar with the sequencer and find some crazy stuff to sample and learn to edit your sounds good.
There's a lot you can do but basically the sequencer and sampler is what you'll want to master first. The instruments and newer features will be easier if you have those down.
By Ill-Green Fri May 26, 2017 5:16 pm
Dioe wrote:Imageimages hosting

Looks like the lives are in dawsons can't **** wait, my first mpc any advice peeps?

Congrats, I know the feeling. First thing first, power it up right out the box to see if it works. Then spend a couple hours with it after charging. I did this, and I was in my old workflow in no time, only now, things are a lot smoother and quicker.
By Dioe Sat May 27, 2017 8:41 am
DPD driver Bruce will deliver your DawsonsMusic order today 09:42-10:42. Not going to be in?

My live will be here in the next few hours :worthy: the wait is over, cmon Bruce floor it
By zangetsu01 Sat May 27, 2017 8:43 am
Seems that Bax music has the Live in stock (The Netherlands).
They told me they've ordered 50 units of the Live and 50 units of the X.

Their current stock for the live is 21 units, which means they've already sold 29
units on preorders.