MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By jimboeh Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:48 pm
Hello everybody! :)
As the the topic says, what do one do when connected to the computer and disconnecting to standalone when you have plugins running?
Is it easy to convert the plugins to audio-files and does one notice when the plugin isn't there?

The Sonic state presentation is briefly touching the subject but is there any one out there that can explain how it works? :hmmm:
By Icepulse Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:19 am
Ill-Green wrote:They don't work. Only thing to do is resample with effect and import as wav file.

I think he means does the software create, with any sort of simplified (automated) process, an MPC Live "standalone version" of the project for easy resuming of the project in standalone mode.

Which it should. There should be a "save as standalone-compatible project" format, easily accessed from the file menu.

Maybe if / when they expand the 8 audio track limit in standalone.
By jimboeh Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:07 am
Cockdiesel wrote:I thought there was bounce to audio option? Mutes the midi and creates a audio track or was that not implemented?

This.

In the Sonic state presentation Andy clearly states its really easy working with plugins /vsts making them to audio files when going to standalone... Not possible when you need to shut off the computer and get going?
By Danoc Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:57 pm
I'm going by what you asked in the title and what you asked in the body of you're writing.

When you are using the plug ins while connected to the computer just set up the plugins as you normally do in any DAW. Use them on the sounds you want. When you're ready to go standalone you export those plugins that you use along with the sound. This is called "printing ".

When you pull up the exporylted audio into the Live as standalone you will hear the plugins on your tracks. Delays' reverbs, flanger etc.
Peace

jimboeh wrote:Hello everybody! :)
As the the topic says, what do one do when connected to the computer and disconnecting to standalone when you have plugins running?
Is it easy to convert the plugins to audio-files and does one notice when the plugin isn't there?

The Sonic state presentation is briefly touching the subject but is there any one out there that can explain how it works? :hmmm:
By J.O.BEATS Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:45 pm
Yes you can convert your vsts to audio for standalone and it's very easy and quick to do. Not sure why the answers here are so diluted and uninformed...

The only annoying thing is you can't switch back and forth from standalone to controllers without having to save and re open the project. And there are a lot of bugs in controller mode that makes it cumbersome to use
By Icepulse Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:19 pm
J.O.BEATS wrote:Yes you can convert your vsts to audio for standalone and it's very easy and quick to do. Not sure why the answers here are so diluted and uninformed...

..he said, without following up with any type of direction; diluted or otherwise!

:lol:
By jimboeh Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:47 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Yes you can just bounce your plugin track as audio to a spare track. When in controller mode, mute the audio track and re-enable the plugin track.

I must be doing something wrong when bouncing the track, I mute all other tracks except my plugin (maybe not necessary?) > bounce to audio > just a silent track with no content.
What could it be I'm missing? :hmmm:
By jimboeh Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:40 am
jimboeh wrote:
MPC-Tutor wrote:Yes you can just bounce your plugin track as audio to a spare track. When in controller mode, mute the audio track and re-enable the plugin track.

I must be doing something wrong when bouncing the track, I mute all other tracks except my plugin (maybe not necessary?) > bounce to audio > just a silent track with no content.
What could it be I'm missing? :hmmm:

Allright, My mistake! :WTF:

Turns out the bounced audio-samples actually was there! On the "main" page I just had to push the "sample" icon down to the right and there you have all the loaded samples in the project (including files bounced as "sample", not "audio".) all good here! :-D