MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:41 am
I wanna see what you do. Now l can't wait. :nod:

Ill-Green wrote:Will do. Just been learning the machine at the moment with throwaway samples. On Wednesday I plan to film some stuff with the Digitakt and Live. Can't wait to show something that the Live is capable of when traveling, I'm sure Hip Hop heads will rejoice. Hell, I was bugged the **** out when I discovered it. Stay tuned. :nod:
By DimensionsTomorrow Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:53 am
Ill-Green wrote:Will do. Just been learning the machine at the moment with throwaway samples. On Wednesday I plan to film some stuff with the Digitakt and Live. Can't wait to show something that the Live is capable of when traveling, I'm sure Hip Hop heads will rejoice. Hell, I was bugged the **** out when I discovered it. Stay tuned. :nod:
[/quote]

Looking forward to it!
By Danoc Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:59 pm
Did anyone down load the "Big Bang Cinematic Bundle" from your Akai account? I went to do it and now its gone like :WTF: Why did Akai take that down? It's dope AF!
By Danoc Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:40 pm
I've had the live for a month now and l must say though Akai's business practices are truly unethical they have a great product on their hands.
I've seen complaints from small to large even l have a few complaints but its not serious.

I MYSELF love this machine and its power and flexibility of storage options. It is a well thought machine and l could tell that by going through the parameters.

1. Inspiration : l have at least 50 or more drum patterns that l had in my head that l quickly got down. As a standalone it puts my mind at ease when doing my drums.

2. Effects: Akai this time put in some decent effects this go around. I'm not saying they are the best but they are way better than the effects they had for the 2000XL. The reverbs are decent. Tweak them and you can get great results. Preset babies are not going to like them. Editing with the QLink knobs are sweet! From the chorus effects to the flanger they are all decent. The delays are good but no sync to tempo. But l have my own method of getting delays to my sounds with no problems.

I can keep going but l will make a video and go in more.

I have to say l am really enjoying my MPC Live.
By Danoc Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:55 pm
Those are the only ones. I didnt explain that the rest aren't.
1. Delay HP
2. Delay LP
3. DELAY MULTI TAP
4. DELAY PING PONG (which is one my fav don't have tempo sync)
5. DELAY STEREO

All of them should of had sync to tempo.

Oh, lm super impressed with the Comptessor Master! I love that thing.

Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:Not true...You know there are many Delay sync options like "Delay analog sync","Delay mono sync","Delay tape sync" etc. right?
Danoc wrote:The delays are good but no sync to tempo. But l have my own method of getting delays to my sounds with no problems.
Last edited by Danoc on Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Ill-Green Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:09 am
Danoc wrote:Those are the only ones. I didnt explain that the rest aren't.
1. Delay HP
2. Delay LP
3. DELAY MULTI TAP
4. DELAY PING PONG (which is one my fav don't have tempo sync)
5. DELAY STEREO

All of them should of had sync to tempo.

Oh, lm super impressed with the Comptessor Master! I love that thing.

Delay Ping Pong is my favorite too. Not all effects are in sync. Should be a feature to activate sync at will for all effects, would be badass.
By Danoc Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:26 am
Exactly. But l have a work around to make a sound ping pong. Its not tgat hard either. They should of made it where you could dail in the tempo that is true sync. Even the ones that say tempo sync you have to work it until it sync. Ima put that in the suggestion box.

ILL GREEN how you digging that reverb? I'm actually loving it.

Someone aske can you mix in the MPC Live. I said no at first but l was wrong!

You get you a great pair cans like Sennheiser 600HD or Beyerdynamic 880T etc and you can do a hellava mix and it sound pristine. I wouldn't recommend mixing eith your finget on the touch screen use the Data knob.

Hold shift button while turning the Data knob and it will turn 1 notch increments instead of jumping 10 increments every turn. This way you are presise in your mixing. I love that. :nod:

Ill-Green wrote:
Delay Ping Pong is my favorite too. Not all effects are in sync. Should be a feature to activate sync at will for all effects, would be badass.
By Danoc Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:29 am
Dam good vid. He said ecactly what l said about tempo sync. And there you hsve it.

I wanna see Akai add avtusl tempo sync dail to dail in your tempo to the same tempo your sequencer has and it just falls
In place.
Wormhelmet wrote:This guy is on my other forum I've been a member of since 2004. He has some great sample and synth preset sets he sells too. Nice first impression video. Some tips on stereo delay sync workaround

By Cockdiesel Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:45 pm
I was thinking Roland had something badass up their sleeve. The new analog synth they dropped is dope, but I am unsure of the boutique series.

Akai rolls out some new standalone and Roland rolls out that? I've never seen anyone using any of those spd units, only at stores.