MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By fellum Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:53 pm
Hi everyone,
after some hours in standalone/battery mode i forgot to turn my machine off.
Now after two minutes of working it crashes every time. Samples won't load. Aaaaargh... :vomit: :vomit: :vomit:
It says:
"DISC NOT EJECTED PROPERLY
Please eject Internal before disconnecting. Failure to eject safely may result in loss of data."
Shortly after that there's another creepy message (see below)...

Anyone experienced this before? Some wise suggestions? Highly appreciated! :worthy:
Thanks, Christopher

images of the screen:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3he57uowjoahd ... 8.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2tkdxnu54i32t ... 6.jpg?dl=0
By MPC-Tutor Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:13 pm
Possibly the internal drive has an error, hopefully just completely random bad luck rather than due to what I assume will be a common occurrence (battery running out of juice). Get in touch with Akai support, hopefully they have a fix, perhaps reflashing the firmware. Let us know how you get on.
By marctronixx Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:35 am
after some hours in standalone/battery mode i forgot to turn my machine off.

so? are you saying the machine just shut off whilst on battery power? I know you mention standalone, but was in plugged up via usb at all? did you have any thumb drives attached?

so, did you reset to factory?

do you have the latest mpc update?

did you remove your SSD and just try to work with the machine only with its internal drive to test?

did you change your "auto save" settings? do you even have the unit set up to auto save?

have you tried to connect it to the computer in controller mode? can you see the drives ok there? can you work without this error popping up?

i ASSume the battery is fully charged?
By fellum Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:56 am
Yes,
standalone mode, on batterie, no discs/sticks/usb cables attached, latest firmware, fully charged.
In controller mode something weired happened: my internal SSD showed up correctly, but after a while the MPC screen went nuts showing several crazy display errors.
The akai support couln't help and assumed these were hardware issues, so i returned it, hoping for repair/exchange...
Luckiely my work was on the ssd, (which i still got) not on the internal 16gigs....
By marctronixx Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:10 pm
Yeah mostly sounds like hardware related. This is why i asked specific things...
By MilesAB Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:42 pm
Did you find a solution to this problem? My MPc live is also now showing the same message "DISC NOT EJECTED PROPERLY
Please eject Internal before disconnecting. Failure to eject safely may result in loss of data."
By fellum Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:22 am
Hi there,
yesterday i got my mpc back.
They say they did a reset of the main board ("Main PCB"), re-installed firmware and content and ran some tests. It works now.
I still can't figure out if this was all my fault or the machines setup was wrong in the first place - they didn't swap the hardware or replace anything...

So after all i'm a bit nervous and unshure about the live. My old MPC 1000 never, NEVER crashed.
But then again, these are different machines, the live is much more a computer and capable of so much more. But then again: even if it is a more complex machine, i would not expect it to be damaged in such a short time...