MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By QuickStrike Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:39 pm
I think the MPC Renaissance is still better for work flow. I got the mpcx now and its a bit slow to operate and it makes me sleepy for some strange reason.

I think they didn't plan the button lay out correctly. I mean yeah it has touch screen but it's to far away and not a comfortable distance.

The timing is not right. latency when inputting notes is a bit off. Idk something not causing this unit to feel like MPC timing. Why come in the browser window when loading sounds every time I exit out a folder it resets to the top of the root folder? That's is the most annoying thing.

To sum it up this unit not worth the money they ask. Maybe cause it's still beta but dam they destroying the mpc legacy.

One more thing lol.

I even notice that beat making videos from my other fav channels with this unit has not been posting alot of content , like in the past with other units. :hmmm: .

Its the Workflow huh?

Plz do chime in and let me know your opinios. Am I wrong or nah? Who disagres and why?
By Cockdiesel Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:42 pm
I’m more than happy with the live. It feels just like any mpc to me. I know I have untrained ears and that but perhaps you have a faulty unit. There’s literally been only a handful of people with the same complaints as you and one of them had a faulty unit. He came back to say he was wrong. Perhaps you should contact akai, before spamming the web. If not, maybe it’s just in your head, not the right unit for you, or you have the wrong expectations. Perhaps all the above.
By starmanwarz Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:05 pm
You are not allowed to not like an Akai product around here. Criticism is not welcome.

With that said, the X is the best electronic device known to mankind. Thick pads, drums stay on the grid (WOW!!!), software is top notch and it's only $2.200, it's truly a bargain. It should be in the $4.000-$5.000 range, imo.

Get yours while supplies last!!!!!
By QuickStrike Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:12 pm
starmanwarz wrote:You are not allowed to not like an Akai product around here. Criticism is not welcome.

With that said, the X is the best electronic device known to mankind. Thick pads, drums stay on the grid (WOW!!!), software is top notch and it's only $2.200, it's truly a bargain. It should be in the $4.000-$5.000 range, imo.

Get yours while supplies last!!!!!

That's very much true bro.

I've been coming to this site since 2007 and been a member since 2008 under a different Avatar. For the most part this site is very helpful with learning about your unit and information of that sort.

But as of present it's been about marketing products. I just want tips and tricks about MPC units lol. So I made this post to see if I'm doing something wrong. because the topic of MPC X is very quiet. And this is the flagship unit :hmmm:
By Cockdiesel Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:32 pm
I don’t care if you like akai or not. Just how many posts are you going to make? As I stated before, there are few with the complaints you have. Perhaps akai support would be a better option. I’m not tying to be a d-head, I’m trying to help. If the timing was that off you would a lot more complaints, which I’m not seeing. I’ve been comparing the live to my 4000,and I feel they are similar in sound and feel. Someone may differ.

Wouldn’t it be easier to look at the other threads with the people with the same issue? Within those threads the solution was found by contacting akai support.

I feel you as the live it great but for only a grand it’s a great box. I might feel burned some by paying twice that for same thing in a differnt box.

What do you call someone posting the same stuff over and over again, and when thoughts differ from them you claim they have untrained ears, or whatever. All your threads you have say the same thing. Which is cool I guess, but it doesn’t appear to be getting you anywhere.....
By krisp Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:46 pm
i am with you on the latency on the pads. it feels better atleast with threshold to 16 instead of 8 on pad threshold. for me
By QuickStrike Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:03 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:I don’t care if you like akai or not. Just how many posts are you going to make? As I stated before, there are few with the complaints you have. Perhaps akai support would be a better option. I’m not tying to be a d-head, I’m trying to help. If the timing was that off you would a lot more complaints, which I’m not seeing. I’ve been comparing the live to my 4000,and I feel they are similar in sound and feel. Someone may differ.

Wouldn’t it be easier to look at the other threads with the people with the same issue? Within those threads the solution was found by contacting akai support.

I feel you as the live it great but for only a grand it’s a great box. I might feel burned some by paying twice that for same thing in a differnt box.

What do you call someone posting the same stuff over and over again, and when thoughts differ from them you claim they have untrained ears, or whatever. All your threads you have say the same thing. Which is cool I guess, but it doesn’t appear to be getting you anywhere.....

For one thing for Shure my post is about the Mpcx the flagship unit. I'm am glad your MPC ""live" is working out for you bro. But I'm talking about the "MPC X"the flagship unit.

I don't know where the confusion is coming in but Im talking about specifically MPC X not the live :hmmm:

I don't have much to say to you sir anymore because you have no input regarding the main topic besides Trolling the web.
By QuickStrike Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:04 pm
krisp wrote:i am with you on the latency on the pads. it feels better atleast with threshold to 16 instead of 8 on pad threshold. for me

Seem legitimate. I'll try that out.
By Chillin Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:53 pm
I preordered the MPCX unit somewhere in April, but they keep pushing back the release date, over here. It's very disappointing having to wait this long. If Roland announces a new MV at the upcoming NAMM, I'll cancel this order.

Btw, How does the MPC X compare to the 4K in terms of workflow etc? For those that have used both devices.
By Chillin Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:56 pm
QuickStrike wrote:
krisp wrote:i am with you on the latency on the pads. it feels better atleast with threshold to 16 instead of 8 on pad threshold. for me

Seem legitimate. I'll try that out.

Is that with the DAW as a controller, or within the hardware as standalone?
By krisp Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:46 pm
Standalone

its little tho.
When i for example record audio from midi with mikrokorg and i listen to both "signals" or whatever
i can only hear a little phasing. less than i had when using pro tools on 64 buffer rate. the pads feel the same its not really much, its not like its hard layering snares when recording without quantize.
By MPC-Tutor Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:30 pm
QuickStrike wrote:because the topic of MPC X is very quiet. And this is the flagship unit :hmmm:

I dont think too many people actually have the X, it's rarely in stock anywhere and of course it's ridiculously expensive, not a great combo if you are wanting to sell lots of units. Plus I think people are acutely aware that the software isn't exactly the finished article.
By QuickStrike Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:21 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:
QuickStrike wrote:because the topic of MPC X is very quiet. And this is the flagship unit :hmmm:

I dont think too many people actually have the X, it's rarely in stock anywhere and of course it's ridiculously expensive, not a great combo if you are wanting to sell lots of units. Plus I think people are acutely aware that the software isn't exactly the finished article.

Interesting haven't thought about it from that perspective. Well I'm not a quitter so I'm going to ride this out. Hopefully they bring that software up to date. Because this can be a Beast of a unit. Also man I really appreciate your tutorials and tips and tricks because I learned a lot over the years. It always made me feel inspired when I watch your videos or read your Manuel.
By Certified Beatz Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:24 am
Get mackie control and the software to match the firmware or better yet.. update both remove the beta tag and im allset .. it works guys been a long time mpc user and branched out with maschine and had nothing but software problems to be avle5 to use it as soft or standalone im happy with spending my 1825.. making the money back will be the hard part ..my lazy ass wont finish a beat hahha

And to piss me off more is producer Oh No just release a song with with a sample i was working into a beat ugghh.. still gonna post it one day