MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Coz Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:47 am
kaydigi wrote:How much is it to buy all the Korg Gadget modules?

I don’t know if you mean the faux hardware mockups or the software gadgets? :mrgreen:

The in-app-purchases quickly add up, especially if you’re an idiot like me and buy the lot! :oops:

Gadget for Mac is $150 until the 9th so I’ll probably be getting that too.
By kaydigi Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:59 pm
Ill-Green wrote:

:lol: :lol:

What am I missing? The iOS app is 19.99 but it doesn’t include them all.

Coz wrote:

I don’t know if you mean the faux hardware mockups or the software gadgets? :mrgreen:

The in-app-purchases quickly add up, especially if you’re an idiot like me and buy the lot! :oops:

Gadget for Mac is $150 until the 9th so I’ll probably be getting that too.

Yea I’m talking about the about iOS app. The sound demos sound really good. I’m going to download the le and see the modules are on sale in the shop.
By Coz Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:59 pm
kaydigi wrote:What am I missing? The iOS app is 19.99 but it doesn’t include them all.

ill Green might have thought you were asking about the mockups that are on the pic that Lamp posted on the previous page? :)

I can't be unbiased when it comes to Gadget because I'm a HUGE fan of it! I don't think it's that great on the iPhone unfortunately though. It's way too fiddly, even on the bigger screen of the iPhone X.
By Ill-Green Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:46 am
Coz wrote:
kaydigi wrote:What am I missing? The iOS app is 19.99 but it doesn’t include them all.

ill Green might have thought you were asking about the mockups that are on the pic that Lamp posted on the previous page? :)

I can't be unbiased when it comes to Gadget because I'm a HUGE fan of it! I don't think it's that great on the iPhone unfortunately though. It's way too fiddly, even on the bigger screen of the iPhone X.

Yeah thats what I was thinking. I saw all those apps and laughed at Kay's post because it looks more than $60 :lol:
By Loosecaboose Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:36 am
I am big into iOS as a sampling source..
Some great ones:
SessionBand (many different version), these apps are a collection of session bands playing in different styles. They are top tier musicians and you can program the chord changes and create a song. Great for adding flavour to tracks and all royalty free.

Groovebox:
Has two real nice synths, simple to program but sound great!

Animoog:
The boss synth, so damn good, need the IAP though, they are great.

Impaktor:
Impulse response drum machine, you play this app by playing a surface. Great for adding some dynamic drum sounds to beats.

Now the MPC LIve has Link its very easy to sample in time with MPC.
There is so many good apps on iPad too:
Samplr:

Patterning:

Fugue Machine:
By Lampdog Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:30 am
Loosecaboose wrote:Animoog:
The boss synth, so damn good, need the IAP though, they are great.

I love me some Animoog.
By rageone Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:07 am
don`t spend all your money on code yo!

there`s the dave smith mopho and tetra, the waldorf blofeld, the waldorf pulse, moog minitaur, the mutable instruments shruthi (if you find a second hand one), the bass station (bonus midi keyboard)... then there`s all the small modules from waldorf too and let`s not forget the damn volcas and the teenage engeneering pocket operators :D

this shit ranges from under 100 (second hand volca or pocket perators probably) to about 500 probably (the moog probably) and can get super complex too (the blofeld probably)...

synths can be more fun when they`re more knobby... also, they can be sync`d with one simple and cheap (and holy) midi cable :D

not bashin` any app, animoog is dope but i would choose knobs over swiping a screen everytime :))