MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:14 am
Certified Beatz wrote:To all Live and X users and future defectors Happy MF new years! Lol

Lmao hahqaaahaa :lol:
By Space Man Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:49 pm
When I go to the preference menu to add a new vst. MPC 2.0 isn't recognized. It only shows a version from 2016 when I had MPC Touch. What am I doing wrong?
By Danoc Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:05 pm
I don't think you go into preferences to add VSTs, I have to check when I get home.

Space Man wrote:When I go to the preference menu to add a new vst. MPC 2.0 isn't recognized. It only shows a version from 2016 when I had MPC Touch. What am I doing wrong?
By Space Man Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:10 pm
I thought you go to preferences, then go to advanced settings to add vst's? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance bro.
By Danoc Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:07 pm
That's not how I did mine. I just installed my third party plugins, then I open up Reason and they were automatically sitting there. You might be right, I am not home I am in the stu right now and not sitting in front of Reason to be able to tell you.

See if this videos helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klj1QTpR4kk&t=10s

Space Man wrote:I thought you go to preferences, then go to advanced settings to add vst's? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance bro.
By Danoc Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:19 pm
For anyone that wants to use Reason 9.5 or 10 with the Live or X I have a few vids for you and for you beginners who want a template and want to get Reason here's a video. I will be making a mixing, gain staging and mastering video coming soon. This will be the everything Reason and MPC Live/X.

By Danoc Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:50 pm
Yeap. He basically went through what l did to get where l am in Reason. But my grades wete done cause l been graduated lol
But the dangerous combo is the Live/X with Reason.

kaydigi wrote:Dope Reason video

By Smackdee Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:42 pm
Is there any vids in this thread on using Reason in conjunction with the MPC? Like sequencing Reason's rack from the MPC, most of the vids seems to be mostly about Reason...
By MPCWeapon1 Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:06 pm
Smackdee wrote:Is there any vids in this thread on using Reason in conjunction with the MPC? Like sequencing Reason's rack from the MPC, most of the vids seems to be mostly about Reason...

Looks like that would be a good book for Tutor to write. “The MPC Live/X - Reason Bible”
By Danoc Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:27 am
If you would like the MPC to be the Master or Slave in sequencing Reason Devices from the MPC look on Youtube.

I don't use the MPC Live like that. I'm ITB and for ME there's no reason to do that. I use the MPC to trigger drums and use the QLinks to move knobs in that way.

Reason is much more complicated than the MPC and PEOPLE are asking me to explain Reason more than the MPC. I have a vid up explaining how to use the 2.0 software to record in Reason.

Peace
By joeferg Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:34 pm
Thanks for the video Danoc, if you have time to field another question i would appreciate it.

In reason, I am still not getting midi firing. Even when I arm the track, before the vst is loaded, the hardware mpc live responds and is functional in something like kong. When I add the vst, the mpc vst is responding to the hardware firing, but none of that is coming back to reason to fire the midi.

1. when you were recording those hats, were you hitting the pads on the MPC, the lpd8, or the yamaha keyboard? I can get my keyboard to control the midi, but not the mpc when the VST is loaded.

2. If you are getting the mpc live to control the midi and its recording in reason, is it possible for you to take a screenshot of your midi output in the vst MPC software (preferences in mpc vst) . I think something is up with how its triggering on mine.
By Danoc Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:41 pm
Peace Joe.

With my hihats l used the step sequencer from Redrum and drew it in using the pencil tool. If l want to get more intricate l will use the pads or keyboard.

I use the Alpha Track as a controller. It has a transport, the knobs are set to every aspect in Reason.

The Live l use the pads to bang out using the Redrum and Kong. I have not used the Live as a complete controller to Reason.

I will get back to you shortly.

joeferg wrote:Thanks for the video Danoc, if you have time to field another question i would appreciate it.

In reason, I am still not getting midi firing. Even when I arm the track, before the vst is loaded, the hardware mpc live responds and is functional in something like kong. When I add the vst, the mpc vst is responding to the hardware firing, but none of that is coming back to reason to fire the midi.

1. when you were recording those hats, were you hitting the pads on the MPC, the lpd8, or the yamaha keyboard? I can get my keyboard to control the midi, but not the mpc when the VST is loaded.

2. If you are getting the mpc live to control the midi and its recording in reason, is it possible for you to take a screenshot of your midi output in the vst MPC software (preferences in mpc vst) . I think something is up with how its triggering on mine.
By Danoc Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:20 pm
I just upgraded my Live. And so far lm not able to slave the Live to Reason or vice versa. Now when l hit the pads on the Live the midi doesn't respond to the Redrum. Don't know why but l can't get into figuring this out right.