MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:18 am
Yeah l seen that vid looks good and another one. Thing is time to learn it and get those apps etc.

Cockdiesel wrote:

Danoc- here rokgod on bm3 he just dropped this might be helpful to see it. I don’t have iMPC 2 but the first one seemed really limited compared to bm3.
By Danoc Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:22 am
That's right l don't play over another's studio. I congradulate them.

We forget to have fun! Then the money comes next. When we get to technical and mouthy instead of making music and having fun then its time to go.

richie wrote:@Cockdiesel, I like to joke around and troll sometimes but I'm not going to liken another person to being a batty for being happy with their studio setup. Even I have my limits.

Good on you for getting your sh*t together and planning on getting some property. I don't know if I would let go of the Emax, regardless if I use it or not because I would take in to consideration "Will I want to use this again? "How hard is it to find an Emax in working order?" "Finding replacement parts is expensive and quite difficult". You'd probably level up better in using the Emax as trade bait to another piece of gear you do find necessity over.

Good luck to you either way man
By Cockdiesel Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:38 am
Thanks for the advice richie. Good points.

Danoc: You liking NC so far? I’ve lived here a few times now, and always loved the weather compared to the Midwest where I’m from. I’m on the coast now though. Can’t wait to finally settle down, seems like I’m always moving. If you’re near Raleigh/ Durham or Charlotte you should be able to network good.
By Danoc Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:39 am
Richie is a good dude by far.

NC is like my second home l rven went to high school here but lm NYC forever. I met 9th Wonder he lives down here. Yeah l go to Charlotte and Reliegh, Chapel Hill etc. I love my nyc 4 seasons down here they got one season HOT! lol
But its open territory here.
Cockdiesel wrote:Thanks for the advice richie. Good points.

Danoc: You liking NC so far? I’ve lived here a few times now, and always loved the weather compared to the Midwest where I’m from. I’m on the coast now though. Can’t wait to finally settle down, seems like I’m always moving. If you’re near Raleigh/ Durham or Charlotte you should be able to network good.
By John Vandenberghe Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:43 am
Eyalc wrote:
Danoc wrote:Holy ****. Wi-fi. This is my first experience with the Live with these function so excuse me if lm excited.

So if Wi-fi can be on can l down load from the net on to a thumb drive?

I don’t believe the functionality for WiFi has been added yet, other than it being able to connect to a WiFi network. I may be wrong though.

Agree though, could be some cool uses being able to connect to a WiFi network. Connecting to the net to download updates, load samples from a network drive, etc. would be nice.

Mine worked with ableton link no problem.
Haven’t tried anything else, and it was my understanding that link was what the wifi was going to be for. I doubt any download capes will be added.
By Danoc Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:20 am
Well for me l won't be using Ableton Live l have my daws of choice. Good looking on the info.

John Vandenberghe wrote:Mine worked with ableton link no problem.
Haven’t tried anything else, and it was my understanding that link was what the wifi was going to be for. I doubt any download capes will be added.
By Ill-Green Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:47 am
Danoc wrote:Richie is a good dude by far.

NC is like my second home l rven went to high school here but lm NYC forever. I met 9th Wonder he lives down here. Yeah l go to Charlotte and Reliegh, Chapel Hill etc. I love my nyc 4 seasons down here they got one season HOT! lol
But its open territory here.

Word, I would think NC would have some winter seasons. I only been there once, way back in 1989. Some dude with what looked like a bear claw scar on his face asked me what was the 246 niner or something like that at this diner on the highway. I said I don't know so he asked this old man at the counter and he said "its 1:25pm" I was like :shock: I took my hamburger to go and got out of there. Before that, we just past through Georgia and there was a KKK rally blocking the road, we kept driving, they moved :lol:
By Danoc Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:46 am
Lmao 246 <--- lol

Man last year it was hot all year round. This year we had a few wintwer days like. But that flu has killed people her.
NC is going closer to the equator so it will be warmer. But its healthier than NYC.

Ill-Green wrote:Word, I would think NC would have some winter seasons. I only been there once, way back in 1989. Some dude with what looked like a bear claw scar on his face asked me what was the 246 niner or something like that at this diner on the highway. I said I don't know so he asked this old man at the counter and he said "its 1:25pm" I was like :shock: I took my hamburger to go and got out of there. Before that, we just past through Georgia and there was a KKK rally blocking the road, we kept driving, they moved :lol:
By John Vandenberghe Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:28 am
Danoc wrote:Well for me l won't be using Ableton Live l have my daws of choice. Good looking on the info.

John Vandenberghe wrote:Mine worked with ableton link no problem.

I don’t really use live anymore either, but there’s a bunch of iPad apps that all have link, I’ve been meaning to investigate that side of things. Maybe use gadget for synth lines or something like that.
By Danoc Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:51 am
:worthy: dammm pics are fyah!
I love that set up. What in the hell camera are you using?

djhighfly wrote:Hello friends, here are some pictures of my Live:

together with the pt 01 turntable + selfmade boombox:

with the microkorg xl+:

with a case:

By kaydigi Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:14 pm
Danoc wrote:Holy ****. Wi-fi. This is my first experience with the Live with these function so excuse me if lm excited.

So if Wi-fi can be on can l down load from the net on to a thumb drive?

I used it with ableton link.

MPC Live
Reason 10 desktop
Maschine laptop
Korg gadget

At the same time. It was okay, seem a bit much keeping track of everything.
By Cockdiesel Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:34 pm
Ill-Green wrote:Word, I would think NC would have some winter seasons. I only been there once, way back in 1989. Some dude with what looked like a bear claw scar on his face asked me what was the 246 niner or something like that at this diner on the highway. I said I don't know so he asked this old man at the counter and he said "its 1:25pm" I was like :shock: I took my hamburger to go and got out of there. Before that, we just past through Georgia and there was a KKK rally blocking the road, we kept driving, they moved :lol:

Lol. You painted a weird picture of NC/ South. I’ve watched it change so much over the last twenty years. There are ALOT of transplants here. It does get cold, maybe 20 degrees or so at it’s worse. Occasional ice storms, snow doesn’t last long either when it comes. It just started getting back in 60s and 70s here on the coast. More inland is affected by “winter weather” than here. More drastic changes and is hotter than the coast in my experience. Really cool place honestly.
By Danoc Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:04 am
There's a lot of space. When l go walking no one is beside me. Try that in the NYC lol over crowed.
The other night shocked me when l went to see Black Panther man it reminded me of NYC it was so dam crowded. Now lma wait lime four weeks and see it on a Monday in the morn. When l went was on a Tuesday where people suppose to be at wirk. Hookie playing mofos lol

Cockdiesel wrote:

Lol. You painted a weird picture of NC/ South. I’ve watched it change so much over the last twenty years. There are ALOT of transplants here. It does get cold, maybe 20 degrees or so at it’s worse. Occasional ice storms, snow doesn’t last long either when it comes. It just started getting back in 60s and 70s here on the coast. More inland is affected by “winter weather” than here. More drastic changes and is hotter than the coast in my experience. Really cool place honestly.